11/22/63

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
fleggett

Re: 11/22/63

Post by fleggett »

So, just how reliable is Amazon UK at fulfilling orders like this? I managed to put in an order before the page was pulled, but am a little leery now that the solicitation page can no longer be accessed. I can call up my order details, but the link to the product now no longer goes anywhere. Should I not hold my breath?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

It all depends on the book. If they were allotted a certain number of copies and those are all now spoken for, maybe that's why they pulled the page.

There is a possibility, however, that they may not get enough copies to go around, or they may not get any copies at all. Because they have not issued any notices to the prospective buyers that they were canceling the order, I'd say just hang in there. Don't forget that you haven't been charged for the book (they don't charge until the book is sent), you're not out any money.

Just keep your fingers crossed! (Mine are!)

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I wasn't aware the page was pulled. I got an order in, but if it doesn't pan out is the publisher also going to be offering this signed book?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Probably. When the Scribner page first was posted, I posted a message with the link to the page on the SKMB. Ms. Mod okayed the posting, but it was never actually posted. I assumed that Scribner's announcement was premature. A day or so later, Scribner pulled the page. I have the feeling that there WILL be a signed edition of 11/22/63, but when the announcement comes, who knows?

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote:Probably. When the Scribner page first was posted, I posted a message with the link to the page on the SKMB. Ms. Mod okayed the posting, but it was never actually posted. I assumed that Scribner's announcement was premature. A day or so later, Scribner pulled the page. I have the feeling that there WILL be a signed edition of 11/22/63, but when the announcement comes, who knows?

John
I agree with that. Although I hope Scribner does a better job then Under the Dome.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

This really has nothing to do with 11/22/63, but I LIKE Scribner's UTD signed book, although I still (looks around guiltily) haven't taken the shrinkwrap off yet. I've also yet to open their gift edition, so I haven't seen the cards yet either. I must be a dope not to open these, but I just can't get myself to do it yet. By the way, I'm finally reading UTD (I'm always a couple years behind in my reading), and I am really enjoying it, despite the fact some have put it on their worst SK books list. I'm almost halfway through. I'm not an extremely fast reader so I should finish it in a week or two.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I'm with you - I loved UTD!
Ga Outlaw

Post by Ga Outlaw »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:By the way, I'm finally reading UTD (I'm always a couple years behind in my reading).
Don't worry, I'm just now reading Gerald's Game. I'm a little over 30 pages in & loving it. I just don't know wether to hate or fill sorry for the dog. :o
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I just found that a local book store is taking online preorders for the S&S Special Signed edition.

http://www.whitcoulls.co.nz/book/112263 ... /24949262/

$152.95NZD, which is about $130USD. Includes free delivery in NZ, and doesn't appear to allow overseas delivery address'. If anyone wants to order, I'd be happy to give my postal address and send on to you. I have no idea what the cost of shipping will be, since we have no idea of the size/weight etc.

This site confirms the expected publication date of 8th Nov.
herbertwest

Post by herbertwest »

According to PS Publishing, the DVD in the limited edition will NOT be available anywhere.
I however believe that the documentary should also be in the enhanced ebook.