11/22/63

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
thl

Re: 11/22/63

Post by thl »

Well, that's it ! It seems that tomorrow morning at some point I'll sneak out of the office and go to a bookstore and get the new novel :) Can't wait to start the reading :)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I plan on being "glued" to my computer starting at about 8:55 tomorrow morning, trying to get one of Scribner's signed limiteds. After I get a copy (or they're sold out), I'll be driving about 30 miles to the nearest Barnes & Noble to get my trade copy.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

So S&S's website has been having problems all moring. Supposedly because of people trying to order multiple copies. The most up to date info is probably going to be at tdt.org thread (below)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/sho ... -63/page25
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

I don't believe that. When I finally can get to cart it already has 2 in it. I try to change it back to one and poof! The connection is gone. They have screwed up bigtime. If their IT department is this incompetent the book should have just been presold at Amazon. I don't remember having any trouble with UTD.

Sign me - one p***** off reader.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Shitty thing that lots of people are experiencing problems when ordering a copy...I'm still pretty pissed that once again S&S excluded collectors that live abroad by only allowing US residents to order a copy. They also pulled this stunt with the S/L Under the dome.
Anyway, if any of you fellow collectors managed to obtain an extra copy which is for sale, please drop me a line. Good luck to all who are trying to get a copy!!!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

After two hours of pure frustration, I was finally able to order a copy using some of the workarounds that the people at TDT.org supplied. My credit card has been charged, but I still don't have a confirmation email.

The limitation on US customers only is a contractual thing that King signed.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Even though this is what I thought would happen it's still darned frustrating. The same thing happened when I tried to order the lettered IT from CD. I was there EXACTLY when the book was announced to be up for sale and found it totally impossible to order it.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Against my better judgment after the UtD disappointment, I went ahead and ordered one. Pretty damned foolish of me considering my finances, but the hoopla surrounding this book overrode my common sense.

After spending the better part of the morning experiencing what could be charitably called a "frustrating time", I came across the TDT hack that allowed one to bypass the greeting screen and go straight to the ordering mechanism. Was emailed an order confirmation and my card shows a pending charge.

The bad part is that, in Florida, the total came to an eyebrow-raising $180.38.

Hope you guys are able to order one "naturally" on Thursday. S&S certainly effed-up today.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Even though this is what I thought would happen it's still darned frustrating. The same thing happened when I tried to order the lettered IT from CD. I was there EXACTLY when the book was announced to be up for sale and found it totally impossible to order it.
Interesting. I've always wondered if CD, and perhaps other publishers, reserve a certain number of letters of high-profile books for favored customers and that only a fraction are really made available for general sale. You rarely see low letters on the secondary market for a book like this.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

My total for the signed 11/22/63 turned out to be $182.38. It included the supposed "free" shipping at $9.99 and sales tax of $12.40. I don't really mind, though.

John