Stu starting up SK tours in Bangor Maine

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Stu starting up SK tours in Bangor Maine

Post by TheCollector »

Starting the first of July (hopefully) we are launching Stephen King Tours of the Bangor (Derry) area. At this time it looks like it will be a 3 hour tour, I have purchased a Chrysler 7 passenger van with all wheel drive (for those nasty winter tours!) and hope to get the new web page up in a couple of weeks. The tour will hit about 25 key places and we will sell T-shirts and other memorabilia along with it. The new e-mail address of SK-Tours@msn.com is effective as of today. Wish me luck!!

Stu Tinker
-----------------------------------------

Good luck Stu! If I ever get to Maine I'll take the tour.
And...if any of you guys wind up taking the tour with Stu let us know how it is!

I'll post more info when it's available.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Stu starting up SK tours in Bangor Maine

Post by TheCollector »

Got an e-mail from Stu today regarding the new business

=====================

Hi Tomas,

Here is a little more early info on the Stephen King Tour.

I am not really set up as of this date, but should be by the end of July. I am waiting for several things; the State permits, the Incorporation filing, and the lettering to be done on the van. But depending on how many people wish to take the tour, I can do it in a smaller vehicle if the van is not ready. We have a PT Cruiser I can use that would seat 3 fairly comfortably, any group larger than that would have to wait for the van to be up and running.

The tour itself will be $34.95 per person, minimum of two people and will take approximately three hours and will include 3 different places Stephen King lived in the area, places he worked, sites mentioned or inspired by his stories, and the University Of Maine where he attended College. We will stop anyplace you want for photos. We will run these 7 days a week according to our customers needs, and will pick up and deliver to any of the local hotels in the area. As business builds, I envision doing 2 to 3 tours each day with the first one starting at either 8 or 9 am.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Stu

GREATER BANGOR HOTELS & MOTELS

From higher priced to lower.

The Lucerne Inn - 207-843-5123 - http://www.lucerneinn.com
(About 12 miles away but very nice!)
Marriott at the Airport - 1-800-228-9290
Country Inn - off old exit #49 - 207-244-3961
The Charles Inn - Downtown - (207) 992-2820 - (SK uses this Inn for his guests)
Holiday Inn - Odlin Road - 207-947-0101
Ramada Inn - Odlin Road - 207-947-6961
Howard Johnson - Odlin Road - 207-947-0355
Bangor Motor Inn - Hogan Road - 207-947-0355
Econo Lodge - Odlin Road - 207-945-0111
Days Inn - Odlin Road - 207-942-8272
Comfort Inn - Hogan Road - 207-942-7899
Motel 6 - Hammond Street - 207-947-6921
jimimck

Re: Stu starting up SK tours in Bangor Maine

Post by jimimck »

I can tell ya I'd sign up for a tour next time I'm in the area.
That being said, living in New Zealand might put a bit of a delay on the next time I'm in the area ;)