Legacies.... Huh?... Oh yeah, I remember that one.

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Royalecheese

Legacies.... Huh?... Oh yeah, I remember that one.

Post by Royalecheese »

I don't know whether I should be thrilled, and marking my calendar in anticipation, or marking this day down as just another email that will mean another 4 year wait between updates.

(I really do sound like a grumpy old man in my posts, don't I?)

It looks like this thing might see the light after all.

Updated photos:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/legacies-photos/

From email:

Hi Folks!

We're pleased to report that Legacies edited by Richard Chizmar has been completed by the special binder who had to be hired to "oversew" the book due to the incredible number of tip-ins in each copy. You can see some photos of both editions of the book in our new photo gallery on the website. This is easily one of the most complicated and beautiful special editions we have published since we started Cemetery Dance in 1988!

For those who are new to the mailing list, Legacies is a landmark deluxe SIGNED Limited Edition featuring ten classic stories from the legends of dark fantasy and terror: Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Clive Barker, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, David Morrell, Peter Straub, Robert Bloch, William F. Nolan, and George Clayton Johnson.

This beautiful special edition features cover artwork by Gail Cross and stunning interior art by Michael Apice, Jill Bauman, Glenn Chadbourne, Alan M. Clark, Stacy Drum, Keith Minnion, Mark Nelson, Phil Parks, Eric Powell, Erik Wilson, and Gahan Wilson.

This incredible collectible volume features a total of 29 tip-ins and was bound using a deluxe "oversewing" technique to provide better durability. There are eighteen pieces of full-color and black & white artwork printed on glossy archival paper and hand-tipped into the book. There are eleven different signature sheets, which also had to be hand-tipped into the book. Both editions also feature a satin ribbon page marker sewn into the book itself. (See the photo gallery for a picture.) Finally, both editions will be housed in hand-made custom traycases to protect your book.

A once-in-a-lifetime event, and an anthology that many are calling the most collectible book of the decade, Legacies is a must-have for any collector of great horror fiction!

The next step in the production process will be to make the deluxe hand-made traycases (BOTH the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition are traycased!), and this is one of our traycase maker's top priorities for the fall. He needed copies of the finished books to get the correct sizing because of the incredible number of tip-ins -- more than any other book we've ever published -- which prevented our printer and binder from making a dummy book for advance sizing. We will send out more updates on his production schedule as we have them.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Legacies.... Huh?... Oh yeah, I remember that one.

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

My book collecting has been a bit lax these past few years, otherwise I would have ordered both states of LEGACIES. The Bloch, Matheson and King contributions would have been enough for me. I put myself on CDs waiting list for the lettered edition but don't have much hope of getting one.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Royalecheese

I would go with the latter on this one.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I asked to be put on the waiting list for the limited (not lettered) edition a couple days ago and was told today that I could buy the book. I sent the payment in a little bit ago. I truly never expected to get a copy except via the seondary market, so I'm very happy! (I'll put it with my copy of the proof of this book!)

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I was on the lettered waiting list and did not get a copy. I shouldn't have been so greedy and put my name on the numbered waiting list too. I'll never learn!
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I was lucky enough to snag a copy of the S/L yesterday when Mindy sent out a follow-up message about some customer copies. Cost me twice the sell price, but I thought that was still worth it.
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

I didn't want to take another spot by making a new post, but I got this email from CD yesterday. Looks like SoD2 will be shipping in October.......

"Although this is one of our busiest months ever, October is going to be even busier and we're currently preparing a team of full-time helpers for our two big Stephen King shipments, The Secretary of Dreams (Volume Two) and Riding the Bullet. Shipping these two books will be a huge undertaking, so we're also leasing additional warehouse facilities and equipment to allow us to keep up with the regular orders at the same time to minimize delays as much as possible."

=============

For those that snagged a copy of Legacies, 'grats to ya. I know there were a bunch of pissed off people several years ago that screamed loud enough and got a refund. And I'm really surprised there are that many copies available. I don't know why I decided to wait it out, but ten years on, I'm glad I did.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Anyone remember what the original price was on Legacies?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If I remember correctly, the regular signed limited was $200. I'm not sure of the lettered edition.

John
Tober

Post by Tober »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:My book collecting has been a bit lax these past few years, otherwise I would have ordered both states of LEGACIES. The Bloch, Matheson and King contributions would have been enough for me. I put myself on CDs waiting list for the lettered edition but don't have much hope of getting one.
The "past few years"? LOL. I pre-ordered this sometime around 1998 if I recall.

Luckily, my reservation was through Camelot Books, so CD has not been holding my cash for the past 11or so years.

And I believe $200 was the price.