Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

So the new Centipede Press book is avaialble for pre-order. I have to say working out the permissions to reprint all of this artwork must have been a herculean effort. I'm exited to see it. This appears to be very comprehensive with everything from paperback DJ, to sketches, to art in the limited edition books. Probably some foreign art as well.

I'll be picking up the unsigned slipcased edition myself. I'd love to grab one with a whelan sketch but It's a bit more then I want to pay. Also none of the editions are signed by King.

Full details and ordering can be found here: http://www.centipedepress.com/forthcoming.html

Also the Larry Fire blog has some photos posted
jhanic

Re: Knowing Darkness - Artist Inspired by SK

Post by jhanic »

A better link is this one:

http://www.centipedepress.com/skart.html

I'll be getting one of the traycased ones. I'm getting the same number as my s/l Salem's Lot.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's the one I meant to post, looks like I need to check my work :)

Thanks for posting the proper link!
T0ber138

Post by T0ber138 »

I saw this a week or so ago. Jarad had it listed on the Centipede website with the title: "The Art of Darkness". I shot him an e-mail to point out that that was the same title of the SK biography published by Douglas E. Winter back in the mid-80's (which I think was one of the first, if not the first, SK biography to hit the shelves). I see he has now changed the title.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I emailed Jerad about that... It wasn't a particularly clear reply but

=================
There was a title change. Knowing Darkness was always the original title.

Jerad
=================
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Looks like another reason to pick up Knowing Darkness.... IF you're an H.P. Lovecraft fan you can get a copy of his Artists Inspried book for as low as $85... considering it normally starts at $225 it seems like he's giving them away at cost or even below.
Hey everyone,

If you have ordered, or are about to order, any copy of any edition of our forthcoming Artists Inspired by Stephen King, we'd like to make a special offer for you.

We have several copies of Artists Inspired by H.P.
Lovecraft, copies which are complete but which lack the slipcase. We are offering these at a special rate of $85 inside the United States, $110 for Canadians, and $170 for Europe and the rest of the world (the book costs approximately $85 to ship overseas).

This is a chance for you to see a book that is approximately the same size as Artists Inspired by Stephen King, at a fabulous price. This is not available on the website, so if you are ordering a copy of Artists Inspired by Stephen King and want a copy of Artists Inspired by H.P.
Lovecraft, let us know and we will send you an invoice for the Lovecraft art book.

In addition, we have had a lot of questions regarding the overseas shipping rates of Artists Inspired by Stephen King. For those of you who would like the H.P. Lovecraft art book at a good price ($170 including overseas shipping is cheaper than the current list price), this is a good chance to see what these massive art books are all about.

Please let us know if you are interested. We thank you for your time and support!

Best Regards,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

TheCollector wrote:Looks like another reason to pick up Knowing Darkness.... IF you're an H.P. Lovecraft fan you can get a copy of his Artists Inspried book for as low as $85... considering it normally starts at $225 it seems like he's giving them away at cost or even below.
Hey everyone,

If you have ordered, or are about to order, any copy of any edition of our forthcoming Artists Inspired by Stephen King, we'd like to make a special offer for you.

We have several copies of Artists Inspired by H.P.
Lovecraft, copies which are complete but which lack the slipcase. We are offering these at a special rate of $85 inside the United States, $110 for Canadians, and $170 for Europe and the rest of the world (the book costs approximately $85 to ship overseas).

This is a chance for you to see a book that is approximately the same size as Artists Inspired by Stephen King, at a fabulous price. This is not available on the website, so if you are ordering a copy of Artists Inspired by Stephen King and want a copy of Artists Inspired by H.P.
Lovecraft, let us know and we will send you an invoice for the Lovecraft art book.

In addition, we have had a lot of questions regarding the overseas shipping rates of Artists Inspired by Stephen King. For those of you who would like the H.P. Lovecraft art book at a good price ($170 including overseas shipping is cheaper than the current list price), this is a good chance to see what these massive art books are all about.

Please let us know if you are interested. We thank you for your time and support!

Best Regards,

Jerad Walters
Centipede Press
I own the traycaed version of Artists Inspired by HPL - and its a gorgeous, albeit MASSIVE book. Even without the slipcase, $85 is a bargain.

TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Centipede Press sent out an e-mail that included this

======
Finally, if anyone is interested in the deluxe edition of the book, we have some extra goodies that are being included with it -- far more than is mentioned on the website. If you are interested in the deluxe and have been sitting on the fence, now is the time to ask about what else comes with this awesome edition. If you already paid for or are paying for the deluxe, you will not miss out.
Give us an email to see what else is coming with the book!
======

So I asked about it...here's the reply....

======

The deluxe edition also features:

The big addition to the deluxe edition is a complete set of all the foldouts that appear in the main book. These are pretty big: around 22 x 16 inches, untrimmed. You actually receive two sets, since they are printed front and back, just in case there are two images that someone wants to frame or something and those images happen to be front and back!

I am also thinking of making a 40 x 50 inch print on metallic photo paper of any artwork that the buyer wishes.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Latest update
Friday, 6 November, 2009

Artists Inspired by Stephen King update

Hello everyone,

The books are on the way from Hong Kong. My shipment of
books included a couple hundred of the trade slipcased
edition and then all the copies of the signed edition.

The books are due to arrive at my warehouse in Colorado on
November 25. It will take me about 2-3 weeks to get all of
the advance orders shipped out. You should easily have your
books in time for Christmas. This includes both the signed
and trade editions.

Regarding the Michael Whelan remarqued edition, this will
be shipping roughly a week or two after I have all of the
other copies shipped. These books require some hand work
with the remarques.

The deluxe editions of the book should also arrive in time
for Christmas. Book blocks will head out to the bindery in
Minnesota for leather work when my other shipments arrive.

I also have a lot of Stephen King extras. Besides the
signed prints that you early buyers receive, I will also be
sending page proofs, posters, and other goodies with each
book.

You all have shown me tremendous trust and support with
this project, which has been easily the most difficult and
stressful I have ever tackled. Just be patient a little
longer. It won't be long now!

Best Regards,

Jerad
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just received my slipcased edition today and am very impressed. That's one massive book!

I also ordered one each of the 15 prints that Jerad was selling and received those also, in addition to the other items mentioned above.

I just can't wait to see what the traycased edition is like!

John