Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

Clacke

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by Clacke »

TheCollector wrote:
nafks wrote:Just ordered 4 slipcases, but just to be sure - will they fit the

signed limited edition
signed collectors edition
U.K. editions

thanks
Just the USA editions...as long as the UK edition is smaller it would technically "fit" although there's probably going to be a lot of extra space. I don't have a UK 1st edition so I'm not sure what the difference is in size.
My UK trade and US trade are the same height.The Uk is approx. 2mm less in width and 3mm in depth(thickness). The UK S/L is identical height and width to the UK trade - maybe very slightly thinner in depth due to better paper quality.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

TheCollector wrote:HOWEVER....For those folks that are interested I'm partnering with a company that makes wooden cases to make an engraved Under The Dome traycase avaialble for $110 plus shipping. Each one is made by hand and takes approximately 8 hours to make. Although the fact that I can probably send it a batch of orders at once means he can shave some time off, thus resulting in a lower price.

I'll have full details on this in a few days, but that's the only traycase option.
Hmmm. $110 is reasonable considering the material and time investment, but to justify purchasing the traycase, I would prefer it to have things like interior felt lining, pull-up strap, inset for the cards, face and spine engraving, hinges and clasp, and an onlay reproducing the illustration used for the S&S signed edition. I'm assuming $110 would only cover some of these features.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

fleggett wrote:
TheCollector wrote:HOWEVER....For those folks that are interested I'm partnering with a company that makes wooden cases to make an engraved Under The Dome traycase avaialble for $110 plus shipping. Each one is made by hand and takes approximately 8 hours to make. Although the fact that I can probably send it a batch of orders at once means he can shave some time off, thus resulting in a lower price.

I'll have full details on this in a few days, but that's the only traycase option.
Hmmm. $110 is reasonable considering the material and time investment, but to justify purchasing the traycase, I would prefer it to have things like interior felt lining, pull-up strap, inset for the cards, face and spine engraving, hinges and clasp, and an onlay reproducing the illustration used for the S&S signed edition. I'm assuming $110 would only cover some of these features.
I know what you're saying and it's going to have the a good deal of those things but not all.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

What enhancements will the traycase have? The feature set will be the deciding factor as to whether or not I purchase a slipcase or a traycase.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Full info should be up next week.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

A little heads up.

I have pictures of the actual UTD slipcase up on the info page
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/slipcase/utd.html

That should give you a better idea of the color of the case and what the books will look like in them. I have to say the material seems to look a few shades different depending on what angle and light you see it in. I'm just talking a shade or two, but when you're used to making black cases it's weird to see color shift even slightly.

Also, full details and ordering on the Wooden Traycases will be up either late today or (more likely) tomorrow morning.
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

Tomas,

Does this slipcase (and your other ones as well) have room for the book if it has a Brodart cover on it? I recently got a Just After Sunset case from Overlook and the book doesn't fit with the cover.

Eric
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Eric,

Yes all the cases should fit with the broadart covers as long as they're put on well.
lophophoras

Post by lophophoras »

The slipcase looks great Tomas! I look forward to getting mine.
thxgeek

Post by thxgeek »

Hi Tomas -

I have a question about the Wooden Traycases: Is it possible to have the brass 'Under the Dome" plaque mounted on what would be the clasp (front?) side of the traycase as opposed to the hinge (back?) side???

For whatever reason, I tend to place any hinged boxes or display cases 'hinge-side in' on the shelf. I think it looks cleaner. Of course, your mileage may vary....

They look very nice - I plan to order one.

Cheers,
-- Craig

Edit: Order placed. :mrgreen: