Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

MikeDuke

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by MikeDuke »

I bought the gunslinger slipcase from here and The Stand Case from here. So I would get something for sure.
thepie314

Post by thepie314 »

Yes, I would order a slipcase for Under the Dome.

The Pie 314
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks,

I've got similar conversations going on both here and tdt.com so I'm going a little cut and paste so both places have the latest news.

Tomas, does CD's announced plans for a slipcase/traycase change your plans at all? If I know that there are going to be Collector slipcases for sale, I will wait and buy AT LEAST one for sure. Otherwise I may take my chances and order a traycase from CD.
Hey folks,
I saw the CD announcement yesterday as well. I was surprised. Willie summed it up pretty well.

Originally Posted by willie3 View Post
Now let me get this straight...

CD claims all their books will be delayed until after the first of the year (read July) because their slipcase and traycase manufacturer went out of business owing CD money, and the new manufacturer is not set up to handle CD's volume. Now CD is soliciting slipcases and traycases that they have already said they cannot deliver in a timely manner.
Now I'm not here to start bashing CD, it's possible that they will actually produce 3 different cases for all editions of the book. And when I have seen a case produced from them (FAB8, SOC) the cases have been very well put together. Their customer list is large so I'm sure some folks who would otherwise buy from me will go with CD.... That's fine I make the cases because I see a need and I fill it. Plus I really enjoy designing these things and seeing them come to life.

I had already been taking about a case before CD's announcement went out; so I sent out my own newsletter last night. And enough people indicated interest that I will be making a case for UTD

I can't make 2 seperate slipcases and a traycase like CD is offering. I just don't sell enough of these to be able to spread out like that.

Personally I feel that since this is a less elaborate edition then most, a simpler slipcase would be appropriate. Simpler doesn't mean I'm banging out cheap cloth over some chipboard. This will be another high quality case, but it will be a slipcase, and it will sell for under $30. I'm expecting the case will be ready to ship to everyone sometime in January.

The one thing that CD's announcement will force me to do is have a pre-sale. Since I'm not sure how many people will be ordering from them I'm going to need to give the bindery a firm number of cases to produce ahead of time, instead of guessing based on past orders.

More details will come as the design gets finalized and these get available for presale.
Rob666

Post by Rob666 »

Tomas produces a mighty fine slipcase. I'm definitely in for one.
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

I would definately purchase a slipcase. As im from the UK i bought mine from Ebay, not as much as some people paid thankfully but im disappointed and its not even arrived yet.
Number2Fan

Post by Number2Fan »

Hi Tomas,

I voted for the case, and I might be in the market for more than one since I've ordered a copy of the signed limited (which I just received) as well as the collector's set (which I haven't received yet). Like everyone else, I was quite disappointed that I paid $200 for a limited edition that isn't even slipcased!

You seem to be getting a strong response for this case. Since there are multiple editions of the book, is there any chance you would offer a traycase for the limited and a slipcase for the collector or regular edition? Just a thought!

Thanks as always for all your hard work. It is appreciated!
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Just put my vote in for the slipcase.
Why?
Because I want one!!!!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Number2Fan wrote:
You seem to be getting a strong response for this case. Since there are multiple editions of the book, is there any chance you would offer a traycase for the limited and a slipcase for the collector or regular edition? Just a thought!

Thanks as always for all your hard work. It is appreciated!
Ah unfortunatly for that to be feasable I'd probably need to see a couple hundred Yes votes instead of 50. Enough that I could split up the order. As is I need to order a minim batch of 100 cases. If I did both I'd be ordering 200 cases - and I don't see that many Yes votes.

There is a little glimmer of an idea I have in my head, but I'm not going to talk about it at this point - it's too early and I"m expecting the bindery will shoot it down due to cost concerns anyway.
jemaher

Post by jemaher »

id love a protective case for the sl although it sounds like there is not much special to the SL........... i have not opened the box> i figured there is no need until i get a case
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

I'm a little confused. Are we discussing three different cases for the limited edition or one case each for the limited, collector, and regular? I really wouldn't want to see more than one case produced for any one particular edition.