Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

TheCollector
Site Admin

Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by TheCollector »

Hey folks... give me a quick vote, would you be interested in a slipcase for the limited edition under the dome? A little more basic in design but also easier on the pocketbook. I just spoke with the bindery and I might be able to get a slipcase in redish/brown leather (not imitation, the real thing) with a nice title deboss. (That means we press a stamp of the title into the material to create an indent)

If things go well the price would be just $23.95 - If the 1st and S/L editions are close enough in size it could fit both.

All this, including the price, are subject to change of course. I'm just starting to get numbers and get an initial idea.
fleggett

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by fleggett »

Hey, go crazy. I wouldn't mind paying upwards of $50 for a really nice slipcase for this behemoth.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

fleggett wrote:Hey, go crazy. I wouldn't mind paying upwards of $50 for a really nice slipcase for this behemoth.
How many of you guys feel the same way? Judging by the reception of the last traycase and some of the comments in the last survey it seems like a lot of folks are feeling the economic pinch...and I hear you. SO....for this book, are you guys thinking cheaper slipcase or more elaborate (& expensive) traycase?

Comment away!
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

How much would a (nice) traycase cost?

I'd personally lean towards a slipcase. Traycases are usually reserved for lettered editions. And it appears UtD isn't even serialized, making it impossible to know which book is which.

I'd still pay $50 for a fancy slipcase, though.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

I think that what you described sounds nice and at a price I'd be willing to pay. $50? I'd likely pass..
crimsonking

Post by crimsonking »

I would be willing to pay $50 for a nice tray-case. I was under the assumption that we would be getting a case with this book. S&S stated in the description that it comes with a stamped case. What are they talking about? I got my S/L today, and I don't see any stamped case.
Panicbooks

Post by Panicbooks »

Hi everyone.

I'm new here, but I did want to say I'd be very interested in either a slipcase or traycase for my copy of the s/l UTD.
I'd also like to say that I am also disappointed in the discrepancy between the S&S description and the final product.

On a lighter note, awesome site!
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Bounce0320 wrote:I think that what you described sounds nice and at a price I'd be willing to pay. $50? I'd likely pass..
Even if it was a traycase and not just a slipcase?
thxgeek

Post by thxgeek »

Count me in. :mrgreen:

If I had to choose, I'd go for quality over cost.
CVWizard

Post by CVWizard »

I would definately be interested in a slipcase, However, I do have the signed edition and would be willing to pay the extra amout for the traycase to protect the book.