Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Just a suggestion, but why don't you take the dust-wrapper off the book when you are reading it? I never keep them on while reading and replace them with one made from a paper bag, then put the dust wrapper back on when I am done with the book. As for Overlook, I went back and forth with them literally for YEARS trying to get a damaged book replaced. It was a Richard Matheson signed edition, and I NEVER got my money or the book back although they promised numerous times to do so. Needless to say, I've never ordered from them since.
And just to stay on the topic here, I'd probably order two slipcases also, one for the Collector's Edition and one for the signed.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ELazansky wrote:I would be interested in a slipcase for the Limited Edition as well. I agree that a simpler slipcase would be fine for Under the Dome. I saw the ad from CD as well, so as long as we can order from you before their ordering period runs out, I'm in.
Yep I'll have a pre-order page up in the next week or two. Thanks everyone for your support!
dcutter

Post by dcutter »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Just a suggestion, but why don't you take the dust-wrapper off the book when you are reading it? I never keep them on while reading and replace them with one made from a paper bag, then put the dust wrapper back on when I am done with the book.

That's a good idea but I add a DJ protector to all of my books so it just seems for me that the replacement DJ is just added work .
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Hi, all.

Just to add my two cents' worth, I would prefer a traycase as opposed to a slipcase.

Thanks,
jemaher

Post by jemaher »

i AGREE, i WOULD RATHER BUY A TRAYCASE FROM YOU BUT I WOULD HATE TO MISS THE WINDOW ON cd AND END UP WITH NOTHING OR HAVE TO GO TO TBCL AND PAY 3X AS MUCH
jcf817

Post by jcf817 »

I will be need 2 of them: 1 for the S/L (my understanding is that the industry term for the boards is 'case', a 'slipcase' is different *shrug*) and 1 for the signed copy I bought last night at the Saint Paul appearance.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

TheCollector wrote:...
Yep I'll have a pre-order page up in the next week or two. Thanks everyone for your support!
Hi Tomas,
It's been a couple weeks. Any update on this? Thanks!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Patrick wrote:
Hi Tomas,
Hi Patrick,

I'm waiting to see the first prototype, (hopefully this week or next) and then can open up pre-ordering....I figure though probably the less time between pre-order and actual shipping the better.

One thing that struck me with the whole card business though.....I was looking at the UK limited edition slipcase and thought.... Some people are going to be keeping their books in shrinkwrap, some are not. That kind of changes the height needed for the case and placement of storage for the cards.... know what I mean?
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

TheCollector wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Hi Tomas,
Hi Patrick,

I'm waiting to see the first prototype, (hopefully this week or next) and then can open up pre-ordering....I figure though probably the less time between pre-order and actual shipping the better.

One thing that struck me with the whole card business though.....I was looking at the UK limited edition slipcase and thought.... Some people are going to be keeping their books in shrinkwrap, some are not. That kind of changes the height needed for the case and placement of storage for the cards.... know what I mean?
Thanks for the update, Tomas.

Personally I believe the majority of collectors (vs. resellers) take their books out of shrinkwrap in order to verify that all is well on the signature page (i.e. they got the right edition and the page is actually signed) and because shrinkwrap is known to cause problems after long periods because it is not an archival material.

Therefore, if it makes a difference, my opinion is that you should plan for the shrinkwrap to be removed.

I'd be interested in what other members think (and I'm sure you are), so hopefully they'll chime in too.
Deadlights

Post by Deadlights »

I cast my vote for planning on the shrinkwrap being removed, I know mine is.