Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

fleggett

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by fleggett »

It's good that the slipcase ordering page is now up, but now I'm a little confused. Is the traycase still in the works? If so, should we hold off ordering the slipcase until the traycase is ready? Or is the traycase no longer viable? Thanks in advance!
lophophoras

Post by lophophoras »

Tomas,

Are they all sold out already? I do not see them listed on the slipcase page for ordering.

Will there be a traycase?

Thanks!
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

It looks great, I am very impressed. I just ordered two.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

fleggett wrote:It's good that the slipcase ordering page is now up, but now I'm a little confused. Is the traycase still in the works? If so, should we hold off ordering the slipcase until the traycase is ready? Or is the traycase no longer viable? Thanks in advance!
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the confusion. I had to choose either a slipcase or traycase but not both. More people were in favor of a slipcase so that's the way I went.

I will not be making one of my wrapped traycases for this book, only the slipcase.

HOWEVER....For those folks that are interested I'm partnering with a company that makes wooden cases to make an engraved Under The Dome traycase avaialble for $110 plus shipping. Each one is made by hand and takes approximately 8 hours to make. Although the fact that I can probably send it a batch of orders at once means he can shave some time off, thus resulting in a lower price.

I'll have full details on this in a few days, but that's the only traycase option.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

lophophoras wrote:Tomas,

Are they all sold out already? I do not see them listed on the slipcase page for ordering.

Will there be a traycase?

Thanks!
It's possible you're seeing a cached version of the page. If you still see THE STAND case on the order page, then hit F5 on your keyboard, or look for a "refresh" icon on your toolbar to get the new page to load. I put a pic of what you should be seeing below
orderpage.jpg
Also, just as an FYI as I mentioned on the order page the bindery's pics weren't all that color accurate, the material is a little more reddish to match the fall look of the dustjacket art. Here's a quick camera phone pic of a swatch of material next to the DJ... Still not 100% color accurate but closer.
redmaterial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys,

One last post about the case....

I had a person mention they were sorry they couldn't keep their book in shrinkwrap because of the shelf that holds the cards.

Just to clarify; the shelf is removable, so you don't need to take the book out of the shrinkwrap if you don't want to. There will be some extra space at the top but not a huge hole or anything like that.
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

AAAHHHH That picture shows it much better. Thanks Tomas.

Ordering two myself.

Ralph Mulleins
Cumberland VA
nafks

Post by nafks »

Just ordered 4 slipcases, but just to be sure - will they fit the

signed limited edition
signed collectors edition
U.K. editions

thanks
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

I don't think the UK First Edition is going to fit, as the page count is in the 800's. I think it was designed for the US editions only.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

nafks wrote:Just ordered 4 slipcases, but just to be sure - will they fit the

signed limited edition
signed collectors edition
U.K. editions

thanks
Just the USA editions...as long as the UK edition is smaller it would technically "fit" although there's probably going to be a lot of extra space. I don't have a UK 1st edition so I'm not sure what the difference is in size.