Secratary of Dreams, Volume 1 : Signed Lettered Edition

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Tober138

Re: Secratary of Dreams, Volume 1 : Signed Lettered Edition

Post by Tober138 »

Trashcan Man wrote:
Clacke wrote:Wow! I didn't realize that the lettered hadn't been released yet. That's a helluva long time to hold onto peoples' money without producing the goods. Especially considering volume 2 is in production. :shock:
Exactly. I'm going to request a refund - when they are ready to ship it, they can have my money. I paid for this in Nov. of 2005, almost 3 years ago!

It's also annoying that their telephone number always goes to the answering machine. Nobody ever answers the phone to speak with you.
Congrats on getting the refund. Does this mean you have effectively canceled your order for the book, or did they agree to simply re-charge you when it does ship?

As for the answering machine - Rich runs a very small operation, so its not like they have operators "standing by".
Trashcan Man

Re: Secratary of Dreams, Volume 1 : Signed Lettered Edition

Post by Trashcan Man »

Tober138 wrote:
Trashcan Man wrote:
Clacke wrote:Wow! I didn't realize that the lettered hadn't been released yet. That's a helluva long time to hold onto peoples' money without producing the goods. Especially considering volume 2 is in production. :shock:
Exactly. I'm going to request a refund - when they are ready to ship it, they can have my money. I paid for this in Nov. of 2005, almost 3 years ago!

It's also annoying that their telephone number always goes to the answering machine. Nobody ever answers the phone to speak with you.
Congrats on getting the refund. Does this mean you have effectively canceled your order for the book, or did they agree to simply re-charge you when it does ship?

As for the answering machine - Rich runs a very small operation, so its not like they have operators "standing by".
When the book is finally shipped, and if a copy is still available, I will have the option to repurchase it. For now, the money is in my account earning interest instead of theirs .

When Gauntlett Press announced "He is Legend" and took pre-orders, they stated that they wouldn't charge your credit card until Jan of 2009, when the book ships. From a customer standpoint, I feel more comfortable with this.