Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Under the Dome

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks John,

Something similar came in from Camelot books this morning
. Signed Limited Edition - The only way to obtain a copy of this one will be directly through Scribner. A link has not yet been put on their site, but I'll try to get a newsletter out just as soon as I know what it is. So please be aware if you want a copy of this edition, you will need to pre-order, and pre-pay, for a copy through Scribner. Also we have no idea if they will be limiting the number of copies that can be ordered

What I really need to know from those that are down for a copy of the Collector's Edition (#2) is that you do want to get a copy through me as this will affect my order that I'll need to place with Scribner and if you say you will be getting a copy I need to know that you will stand behind your word and follow through with the order even if you are fortunate enough to obtain a copy of the signed limited edition.

jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I got the same thing. I don't think, although I could be wrong, that, with 1500 copies, it will be too hard to get a copy of the signed limited. I've been watching the website a couple times a day, so when they finally post something, I'll be there!

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I think it'll depend on whether there's any sort of limit on ordering. If bookstores can pick up multiple copies it might be enough to sell out early.

HOWEVER...with DMG not being able to sell out 1,250 copies of Little Sisters, even after two lotteries I don't expect it to sell out in minutes, even if multiple orders are allowed.

Still I can't say if it'll be hours, days, or weeks before they're all sold. My bet would be a few days. I'll even be more specific with my guess

Sold out on day 3 if multiple copies are allowed. Sold out on day 24 if not.

..anyone else care to put their guess down?
kieron

Post by kieron »

Seems that Simon & Schuster will only ship to the US (I can't pre-order a copy of the unsigned edition with my UK address). If they continue with this policy for the signed edition, and if they do allow multiple purchases, please, someone, snap up an extra or two and stick it on e-bay! I'll be much happier dealing with someone I trust and knowing that the profit margin's going to a real collector!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Kieron,

Order thru amazon UK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html? ... ative=9325

Or if you call up Camelot Books they'll probably ship to you. It'll probably be more expensive then amazon though
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I thiink Kieron was looking for the signed limited.

On another note, here's what Ms Mod posted a few minutes ago regarding King's Under the Dome tour:
NYC - on stage, no book signing, 250 pre-signed books
D.C./Baltimore - book signing, no on stage event
Atlanta - book signing, no on stage event
Sarasota - on stage, no book signing, 250 pre-signed books
Minneapolis - on stage, no book signing, 250 pre-signed books
Toronto - on stage, no book signing, 250 pre-signed books
Portsmouth, NH - on stage, no book signing, 250 pre-signed books
Manchester Center, VT - on stage, and book signing
John
kieron

Post by kieron »

You guessed it, John, but thanks anyway, Tomas. I really want the signed so if the unsigned limited's identical apart from the signature page I'll probably pass unless I have real problems. I guess some will filter through with 1500 available, but I do think it's kind of mean on the part of Simon and Schuster.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Got it!

We'll see how the ordering works for the S/L. I'll send an e-mail off to S&S asking about their overseas shipping policies. If they write back I'll let you know what I find out.

EDIT

While heading over to their page I found their shipping faq:
The table below displays the shipping and handling charges applied to online orders. We can ship items to the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. At this time we do not ship to Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, P.O. Boxes, international addresses, APO/FPO addresses, or prisons/correctional facilities.

Hmm... I'll put some feelers out to bookstores and see if they expect to be able to get multiple copies.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

From Camelot Books
Sometime this weekend - they have no idea when (so it could be anytime from now until Sunday evening) the option to purchase the signed limited edition of Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME will go live on Simon and Schuster's website. They don't have the actual link, but you can get to it this way:

http://www.simonsays.com

when you get there, type Under the Dome in the search box and hit "go"

it then takes you to the available states of Under the Dome for ordering and I'm going under the assumption that when the signed limited edition becomes available it will come up along with the trade and collector's state.

here's the link that would take you direct to the Under the Dome states:

http://www.simonandschuster.com/search? ... r+the+dome

Again, I have no idea as to the actual time this will go live, but I intend to check it often as I need one for my collection :-)
Marco

Post by Marco »

Unfortunately I'm in the same position as kieron since I live in The Netherlands. I've sent an email to Scribner asking if there's any possibility to obtain a copy of the signed/limited edition for people that live abroad, but I won't keep my hopes up. Is there any chance that some of you collectors that live in the US are willing to help us non-US collectors? I wouldn't mind paying some extra for the trouble but hate going to Ebay for this...

Long days & pleasant nights to all