Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
MikeDuke

Re: Under the Dome

Post by MikeDuke »

Just ordered my S\L. This is my first S\L of a new "regular" book. I have several of the Dark Tower series though.
thl

Post by thl »

Just got an email that says my order was cancelled because they can't get the credit card authorization. Someone has the same problem ? The billing address is in Italy but the delivery address is in california, so it should be an US domestic order...

the same happened to my cowoker that bought the book short after me.
thxgeek

Post by thxgeek »

thl wrote:Just got an email that says my order was cancelled because they can't get the credit card authorization. Someone has the same problem ? The billing address is in Italy but the delivery address is in california, so it should be an US domestic order...

the same happened to my cowoker that bought the book short after me.
Same problem for me. I called the folks at Mastercard and they say that I fat-fingered the expiration date. I doubt it - I'm usually very careful in entering the cc info....

Just placed another order with a different cc. We'll see what happens.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I got my confirmation e-mail with no problem - BUT - during the inital creation of the account I was informed that the site certificate had exipired. I need to click OK and then refresh the page

After that it seemed to be fine and the order went thru (firefox 3.5)
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

I used firefox 3.5.3 with no issue. When I was typing in the info I had the wrong card selected :oops: so it made me do it there again. But once I was able to figure out what card I was using :lol: I was able to finish with no problem. I got the conformation email as well.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

I had the same thing happen when I tried to use my Mastercard. Changes to another card and everything was fine. I received my confirmation letter within minutes.
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I used MC and had no apparent issues. Hopefully ecverything went through ok......
thl

Post by thl »

the issue was the they don't accept non-US credit cards even if I have a US shipping address. The book is now sold out. I really hate those kind of business model. Myabe my money dosn't smell good to them. I'll never buy one of their books again
Marco

Post by Marco »

I placed my order a couple of minutes after 9:00am EDT and received confirmation of this. I also live abroad but provided the shipping address of an aquaintance that lives in California. I was :P that I was able to order a copy this way but unfortunately I also received a cancellation notice one hour after I placed my order :cry:
Obviously I immediately sent an email to S&S asking what the h*ll the cancellation's about, but since I'm still waiting for a reply to previous emails that were sent weeks ago I don't expect an answer in the near future....
so placed another order about half an hour ago...just before the edition sold out...hopefully this'll come through
thxgeek

Post by thxgeek »

Marco wrote: so placed another order about half an hour ago...just before the edition sold out...hopefully this'll come through
Fingers crossed for 'ya!

Fortunately, I was able to reorder as well. This one definitely took as I have received confirmation from S&S as well as from my cc company that the charge went thru.

Holy Crud! Those sold out fast! Does anyone know how many were allocated? What they might eventually be worth as 'signed, limited editions'?