http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/

UK Limited edition of revial
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1509
Page 1 of 1

Author:  TheCollector [ Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  UK Limited edition of revial

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

This edition will be limited to 500 copies only, details as follows:

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) H & S states that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada

Here is the link to the site.

Author:  doktordru [ Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

Just had my Revival delivered - and although its not a real signature - its a very nice looking book!

Vivid blue slipcase, nice premium binding embossed with the details on the spine, sewn in book mark plus of course the Silver Plectrum!

Also - happily the book was very well packed - remembering the debacle a few years ago when Waterstones made a mess of the packaging of.....(it will come to me....)

early Christmas present to me!

A

P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?

Author:  TheCollector [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)

Author:  Mr. Rabbit Trick [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

doktordru wrote:
P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?


They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.

Author:  doktordru [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
doktordru wrote:
P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?


They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.

Author:  doktordru [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

doktordru wrote:
Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
doktordru wrote:
P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?


They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.



I seriously doubt that, but let's wait and see....

Author:  doktordru [ Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

TheCollector wrote:
Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)


Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A

Author:  TheCollector [ Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: UK Limited edition of revial

doktordru wrote:
TheCollector wrote:
Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)


Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A


Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. Yeah a pic or two would be great!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/