Riding the Bullet s/l

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Riding the Bullet s/l

Post by jhanic »

Here's an email I got yesterday from Lonely Road Books (doing business with Cemetary Dance).
Hi there!

We have IMPORTANT STEPHEN KING NEWS to share, so read this private email carefully! The signed editions will NOT last long!

You're receiving this email because you purchased a collectible book from Lonely Road Books in the past. Per Lonely Road's tradition, you are being offered first shot at their next book, which we expect to sellout VERY quickly. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS EMAIL WITH ANYONE. You're part of a select group of customers who are now the only people outside this office and the authors who know of this special edition!

The next Lonely Road Books project is a deluxe special edition of RIDING THE BULLET by Stephen King and Mick Garris. This oversized collectible hardcover will feature the complete text of King's original novella and Garris's screenplay, PLUS exclusive artwork by Bernie Wrightson, storyboards, photos from the set, production notes, hand-corrected script pages, and more from the "Director's Notebook" keep during the production.

This will be Stephen King's FIRST EVER "DOUBLE" style Limited Edition! Imagine the special edition of DARK FORCES, then cross it with the special edition of THE ARTHUR DARKNELL DOUBLE, and you'll get some idea of what Lonely Road is going to do here!

There will be three different states of this oversized collectible hardcover:

* Slipcased Gift Edition for $75
* traycased Limited Edition signed by Garris and Wrightson for $250
* traycased Lettered Edition signed by Garris, Wrightson, and STEPHEN KING for $750

Since you purchased a title from Lonely Road Books previously, you now have 24 hours to decide if you wish to purchase this one, too. After that, these copies will be sold to other collectors on a first come, first served basis and we do not expect the signed editions to last very long at all for the obvious reasons!

(PLEASE NOTE: Right now we are offering the Limited Edition for just $200 instead of the retail price of $250, but there is a strict limit of 2 copies per person! There is also a limit of ONE Lettered Edition per customer.)

**** Because this book has not been announced to the general public, here is the secret link to place your order for any of the three states while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/_MINDY0509

There will be no text on that page, but you can just add the editions you want to your cart and then checkout like normal. Our office will do the rest!

(Please do not share this link with anyone else. Any orders from customers we have no personally contacted will be cancelled.)

Thanks, as always, for your continuing support!

~ Mindy

Cemetery Dance Publications
132-B Industry Lane
Unit #7
Forest Hill, MD 21050

410-588-5901 [phone]
410-588-5904 [fax]

http://www.cemeterydance.com
I've ordered one of each.

John
Trashcan Man

Re: Riding the Bullet s/l

Post by Trashcan Man »

he he. So much for the "top secret link" :D

When will the book be out? 2020?
Last edited by Trashcan Man on Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Trashy, you have to remember that this book is being published by Lonely Road, which, so far, has a pretty good track record, even though it is being handled by CD. I'd be a bit surprised (but, honestly, not too much) if it weren't out by the end of the year. I just hope I don't regret this too much.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

John, thank you very much for the link!

With SK only signing the lettered edition, I'm not sure the other editions will hold their value. At this point I'd also like to point out the following:

*No publication date set - That's a bit strange considering they're already taking orders
*No details on print run - Could be anything from 500 - 5,000. Which would also affect the value.
*TWO copies per person limit - Usually it's one.

I'm sure as the project moves along there will be more details, but I wouldn't expect it this year for sure.
GregH

Post by GregH »

I saw that the lettered is sold out. The limited is 500 copies for $200 each. 5000 gift copies. Not sure if i want to get one or not.