COLLECTOR FORUMS... Ask questions - Get Answers
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UK Limited edition of revial
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

This edition will be limited to 500 copies only, details as follows:

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) H & S states that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada

Here is the link to the site.

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
--Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Post subject: Re: UK Limited edition of revial
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:22 pm 

Just had my Revival delivered - and although its not a real signature - its a very nice looking book!

Vivid blue slipcase, nice premium binding embossed with the details on the spine, sewn in book mark plus of course the Silver Plectrum!

Also - happily the book was very well packed - remembering the debacle a few years ago when Waterstones made a mess of the packaging of.....(it will come to me....)

early Christmas present to me!

A

P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:06 am 

doktordru wrote:
P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?

They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:27 am 

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
doktordru wrote:

They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 am 

doktordru wrote:
Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
doktordru wrote:

I seriously doubt that, but let's wait and see....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:31 am 

TheCollector wrote:
Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)

Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:56 am 
Site Admin

doktordru wrote:
TheCollector wrote:

Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. Yeah a pic or two would be great!