Stephen King's IT remake

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
JakeEpping

Stephen King's IT remake

Post by JakeEpping »

I read that IT was going tp be remade when on my lunvh today. Is there any truth in it or is it going to be a similar story to what happened a few years ago when it was rumoured?

I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot, maybe a bit darker on the story and more of a real horror. I still remember the night staying up late reading it for the first time...

source http://www.trailer-geek.com/movie/it-mo ... phen-king/
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Stephen King's IT remake

Post by TheCollector »

I've heard plans as well. With King movies though, there seem to be a lot of on-again / off-again type announcements so don't get too excited untill you hear there's actual filming being done.

Personally, I'm not necessarily looking forward to a remake, I liked the original. I'm sure the special effects would be better, but how are you going to improve on Pennywise? Any other actor would probably fall short for me.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Glad I'm not the only one who liked the original. Most people bag it saying it sold and out dated. Well duh, of course it's old but that doesn't make it bad. I loved Pennywise in it too.

That being said, I'm always up for a remake IF its done well.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jimimck wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who liked the original. Most people bag it saying it sold and out dated. Well duh, of course it's old but that doesn't make it bad. I loved Pennywise in it too.

With King movies that can be a big IF Personally I thought The Stand and IT were the two best movie adaptations, I think a big part of it is that they made those two as a multi night mini series vs cramming the story into a single 2 hour movie.
racerx45

Post by racerx45 »

TheCollector wrote:
jimimck wrote:Glad I'm not the only one who liked the original. Most people bag it saying it sold and out dated. Well duh, of course it's old but that doesn't make it bad. I loved Pennywise in it too.

With King movies that can be a big IF Personally I thought The Stand and IT were the two best movie adaptations, I think a big part of it is that they made those two as a multi night mini series vs cramming the story into a single 2 hour movie.
I would agree that both the Stand and It were really good adaptations. I own the Stand on DVD (and Laser Disc) and watch it about once a year. Whenever I run across It on TV I usually end up stopping and watching. That being said I would say the The Green Mile is the best adaptation, hands down, not just with a King book but any book!
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I did love the Green Mile, but would say that Shawshank Redemption might just be my favorite.