Mr. Mercedes

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
jhanic

Mr. Mercedes

Post by jhanic »

Mr. Mercedes has been listed on Amazon with a publication date of June 3, 2014:

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Mercedes-Novel ... 126&sr=8-1

Cemetery Dance has also announced this and is offering (via pre-order) a slipcase:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/o_king100

John
ke7285

Re: Mr. Mercedes

Post by ke7285 »

Wonder who and when a limited would be annouced? I pre-ordered the CD slipcased.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

Thanks for the info John
miserywilkes

Post by miserywilkes »

Hey for you guys in the US, Amazon.co.uk have announced the picture of the UK edition -

Owen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

ke7285 wrote:Wonder who and when a limited would be annouced? I pre-ordered the CD slipcased.
Wondering that myself. How many potential publishers are out there? CD? Grant? PS?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Frankie wrote:
ke7285 wrote:Wonder who and when a limited would be annouced? I pre-ordered the CD slipcased.
Wondering that myself. How many potential publishers are out there? CD? Grant? PS?
If a limited edition were to be published, I'm sure one would have been announced by now.

My checkbook/charge card is giving thanks! :-)

John
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

I was just looking to preorder a copy and started wondering - Why is it that CD seems to want to slap a slipcase on every 1st edition now (other than the obvious - $$$)? I've always felt that slipcases were intended for the protection of "special", rare or expensive books. Somehow it doesn't sit right with me to grant a "regular 1st edition" a slipcase. Other opinions?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Bounce0320 wrote:I was just looking to preorder a copy and started wondering - Why is it that CD seems to want to slap a slipcase on every 1st edition now (other than the obvious - $$$)? I've always felt that slipcases were intended for the protection of "special", rare or expensive books. Somehow it doesn't sit right with me to grant a "regular 1st edition" a slipcase. Other opinions?
I kind of agree with you here, Bounce. I only get the slip cases for signed trades or other specials. I know, though, that lots of collectors like them for just the regular editions. It's a matter of personal like or dislike.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Why buy a slipcase that costs more than the book?
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Why buy a slipcase that costs more than the book?
Agreed. I can see that a slipcase could generally increase the value of a book, but I can't justify spending More for the case than the book itself is worth. Even if one were to get a custom slipcase (traycase) made for say a pair of Dolan's Cadillacs (and thank you John for bookslipcase.com - really beautiful work he has), the price is still a fraction of the books' values. I think BB is the only slipcase I've bought specifically for a "regular 1st" - all others fall into the "special" category.