Christine first edition ?

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
BT Pendragon

Christine first edition ?

Post by BT Pendragon »

The copy I have says First published in 1983 by the Viking Press. it also has a paragraph that says
A special limited first edition of 1000 numbered and signed copies of this book has been published by Donald M. Grant, Publisher Rhode Island

Below that it says Library of Congress Cataloging in Publication data

King, Stephen 1947-

Christine. I. Title.

Just wondering what type of edition this book truly is. Dust jacket does not show a price?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Christine first edition ?

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The wording on the copyright page is the same as the 1st edition, but the jacket is most likely a book club edition.
BT Pendragon

Post by BT Pendragon »

Wouldn't it say book club or book club edition somewhere on the dust jacket? There is no printed indication of it saying book club? Also no price anywhere.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

The book club dustjackets do not always mention this. I would guess less than half of them do. No price, either means a book club or an export edition. Either way, collectors stay away from them.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

The most telling single thing about a book club edition is a lack of price on the inner flap of a DJ. There's even cases where a BC edition may have used a trade edition book block, but the lack of price on the DJ is a dead giveaway.