Carrie Dust jacket

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Fitzy93

Carrie Dust jacket

Post by Fitzy93 »

Hello all. What are the chances of finding a dj for a nice Carrie first edition I have? Also how much is the value affected without it? Any info much appreciated
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Carrie Dust jacket

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Fitzy93 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:17 pm Hello all. What are the chances of finding a dj for a nice Carrie first edition I have? Also how much is the value affected without it? Any info much appreciated
You can buy a book club version for a nice DJ, or there is a company who makes facsimile copies. They are marked "facsimile". www.dustjackets.com ($22)

I doubt very much if you could find a perfect 1st edition DJ without buying it with the book. Hundreds of collectors want to buy perfect copies for their 1st editions, including me.

The DJ is 90% of the value.
Fitzy93

Post by Fitzy93 »

Thanks! What is a guesstimate of the value of a legit Carrie first edition with the p6 without dj and will getting a book club jacket add value?
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Fitzy93 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:38 am Thanks! What is a guesstimate of the value of a legit Carrie first edition with the p6 without dj and will getting a book club jacket add value?
I would only be guessing on the price. The book club jacket adds no value other than it looks good on your shelf.

I think it would be hard to find a buyer of a 1st edition without a DJ.