The other >>ES<< limited edition

Any questions related to limited editions
CHEROKEEBRUCE

The other >>ES<< limited edition

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

Anyone have a value on the other German >>ES<< (IT) leather bound edition that seems to be a match with the >>SIE<< (MISERY) that is listed in the U.K. Limiteds section?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: The other >>ES<< limited edition

Post by TheCollector »

I don't think I've seen that copy before - do you have any details on the publisher, date, a photo of the copyright page, ect?

Here''s the only copy I"m familiar with
http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/uklimited/it.html
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

The leather bound >>ES<< is just a re-bound HEYNE later edition paperback.The book on the left is the worlds true 1st edition of IT as it was on the stands in July of 1986 (I picked up this copy up on July 20th & don't know how long they had already been out) long before the U.S. hardcover was out in Aug.
This is the copyright page from the leather bound re-print this page in the 1st edition states Printed in Germany 1986.
Both >>ES<<Limited Editions.
The Leather Bound >>ES<< & >>SIE<< set.
Sorry SUNTUP But I must inform you that your signed limited edition of Misery is not the 1st.... I had this one signed many years ago. and unlike the >>ES<< this one is a leather bound 1st edition. But they also make a nice set.
ImageImage
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Thank you for posting this, Bruce. Very interesting.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ben Staad wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:33 am Thank you for posting this, Bruce. Very interesting.
Yeah VERY interesting indeed! Do you have any more info on it? Specifically I'm wondering

1) How many copies were done
2) Does this mean the German bootleg of Misery is also a rebound paperback from Heyne? Not it's own printing?
3) Are we saying both of these would be similar to the Dragon Rebound editions like Firestarter, EOTD, and IT that Paul has put out?
4) Who actually did these?
CHEROKEEBRUCE

Post by CHEROKEEBRUCE »

1 UNKNOWN
2 YES
3 YES
4 I bought them from U.S. bookstores so have no details. I assume it's Heyne.
as you can see the page block is a 1987 reprint. (If you run the ISBN you will find it comes back to a paperback)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I love how after 20 or so years there's still new stuff like this that pops up, thank you for the clarification. I'll look to make a few tweaks to the info page for the german bootleg ES info page.