S/L Misery annouced by Suntup Press + more

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

S/L Misery annouced by Suntup Press + more

Post by TheCollector »

Wow quite the bombshell from Suntup Press this morning.

There's so much information I'm going to list the cliff notes version here but I encourage everyone to read the full details on their Misery page - ordering links are available there as well.

So onto the details:

Suntup Press is announcing a limited edition of Misery with Illustrations by Rick Berry, in three variants.
  • Artist Gift edition / ??? Copies / Signed by Berry / wraparound artwork dustjacket / $110
  • Numbered edition / 200 copies / Signed by King and Berry/ in custom clamshell box / $525
  • Lettered edition / 26 copies A-Z / Signed by King, and all contributors / Amazing custom design, I won't try to explain it, head over to the announcement page to see it. / $3,950
Editions will be available for pre-order on Monday, February 12, 2018 at 8AM Pacific, at which time the order buttons will be activated. There is a limit of one Lettered and one Numbered edition per household. A payment plan of three monthly payments is available for any order over $500.

IF YOU ARE AN OWNER OF THE EOTD ART PORTFOLIO - You will have an opportunity to place your order before the general public and match your number and/or letter with that of the S/L edition of Misery. Numbered Portfolio owners as of 9PM Pacific on Friday, February 9th may match their number. So if you purchase a portfolio up to that date and time, you will have an opportunity to match it with the Numbered edition of Misery. Remember that there is a limit of one Lettered and one Numbered edition of Misery per household.

Important: If you would like to match your number and/or letter, you must submit this form no later than 9PM Pacific on Friday, February 9th. You will receive a reply back with a private order link on Saturday, February 10th no later than 12PM Pacific to pre-order your matching number and/or letter. If you do not receive this order link email, then we did not receive your form submission. Once you receive the link, your order must be placed no later than 9PM Pacific on Saturday, February 10th. If your form submission is not received, or you have not placed your order by the deadline, then your number and/or letter will be made available for the public release.

They cannot match letters to a previous edition from Dragon Rebound Editions. If you are buying a Lifetime Subscription, you will still need to submit the form.

What's a lifetime subscription? Glad you asked. Suntup Editions is offering a lifetime subscription for all future publications at various levels. There are a limited number available, head on over to their subscription page and take a look. It could be an incredible value down the road.
doktordru

Re: S/L Misery annouced by Suntup Press + more

Post by doktordru »

WoW - that was a frenetic 48 hours since the announcement, purchase of EOTD portfolio [smart marketing] and purchase of a S/L Misery yesterday morning.

Will be interested to know just how many, if any of the S&L make it through to be available on Monday when general sale resumes. Can't believe many if any. 185 worldwide is super low and for such an early book in King's cannon one a lot of collectors will be chasing methinks.
jodi

Post by jodi »

Ugh - that would really suck if none of us regular goobers out here got a chance to buy this edition.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Yeah, there will still be gift editions available if nothing else. No number has been given yet which is a little strange but it's supposed to be low for an artist edition.

Also, I'd like to mention that often the limited edition run is set by how many copies King is willing to sign, not how many copies the publisher wants to sell.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Well, looks like:
  • The lettered sold out before it was available to the public.
  • S/L Sold out within a few minutes after 8am,
  • Gift edition still available.
millertek

Post by millertek »

ughhh - that was depressing - while the item was IN MY CART checking out...the cart updated and said SOLD OUT! wow - 4 minutes after the hour.

bummer - got the artist edition though...
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

In what some (aka me) might describe as a minor miracle, in this day of projects that get funded ahead of time (kickstarter, indegogo, and yes, even limited editions) Suntup Press' Misery is officially on schedule with today being the publication date. The 8/8/18 date was announced back in February and Paul has made it. Way to go!!!

Limited and Lettered editions are shipping first, gift editions twards the end of the month.

A venmo vid of the unboxing of the signature sheets for those interested (the link takes you to the venmo site, embedded links for this video are not allowed)
Mike Hanlon

Post by Mike Hanlon »

late to the party but if anyone snagged one of the signed editions in 2018 and would consider selling drop me a note
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mike Hanlon wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:48 am late to the party but if anyone snagged one of the signed editions in 2018 and would consider selling drop me a note
So late lol !

Better to maybe post a request in the buy/sell section but considering how rarely this goes up for sale and how the price is climbing I think keeping an eye on eBay for whenever the next copy shows up is your best bet right now.