Different Seasons question

Any questions related to limited editions
Brutalform

Different Seasons question

Post by Brutalform »

Hello... I’m new to the forum here, and this page has been great in helping me figure out what I actually have in SK novels. I have around 36 in all, a couple BCE of the early books, that are great readers, and many real 1st editions, that are in NF condition. Concerning Different Seasons, it does have the 625 Madison address on the CP and on the DJ as well. Also “first published in 1982 by The Viking Press” is also on the CP. There is NO price inside the DJ. Does this make the book a BCE? Thanks
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: Different Seasons question

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Probably a 1st edition with a book club jacket. No value to a collector.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Brutal, welcome to the forums. So you either have a BC (Book Club) edition, or as Mr. Rabbit Trick points out, possibly a 1st edition with a BC dustjacket (sometimes people swap worn dustjackets for newer looking ones, not realizing they're loosing a 1st edition DJ).

In either case, the majority of the value of early King books is tied to the DJ, so either way the book would only be worth a few dollars at your local used bookstore.
Brutalform

Post by Brutalform »

Thanks for the replies, and for welcoming me to the forums. That’s too bad.... because the book is in fine condition.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If you truly have a first printing first edition book, you should try to find a book with a fine 1st/1st dust jacket off eBay, no matter how bad the book itself is, then marry your book to the new, fine, dust jacket.

John
Brutalform

Post by Brutalform »

I’ll be looking.... but chances are if the book is in bad shape, the cover might be even worse.
Brutalform

Post by Brutalform »

I have seen a few 1st editions, and they have the “ 123456789” on the CP. After checking the “first editions “ section of this site, there is no mention of this being present on the CP page. So I’m kind of confused on this.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Brutalform wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 pm I have seen a few 1st editions, and they have the “ 123456789” on the CP. After checking the “first editions “ section of this site, there is no mention of this being present on the CP page. So I’m kind of confused on this.
The early viking 1st editions didn't have number lines on the copyright page. I wish they did, it would make identification a lot easier. I'd be curious to see a copy like one you're referencing but I don't see how that could be a true 1st edition from 1982.
Brutalform

Post by Brutalform »

My mistake. The numbers were not in a first edition, first printing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.