What Are You Reading Right Now?

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: What Are You Reading Right Now?

Post by TheCollector »

I've really gotten into Hugh Howey lately. The Silo series was amazing, I'm currently reading a short story book of his Machine Learning which is surprisingly solid, and I'm not as big of a fan of short stories in general
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

Did anyone else read Kill Creek? I just finished it and was really torn about the book. I liked it but felt that the middle of the book was drawn out and detracted from the story overall.

Then there was the ending...Again I liked the main ending but the last few pages were a bit cliche.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Haven't read Kill Creek

Currently, I've got a copy of Flight or Fright, about 75% of the way done. Overall the stories are better than I thought they would be.
Ben Staad

Post by Ben Staad »

I'm typically not a fan of shorts but I may check this out. I will go check out CD and see if this available as an E-Book. I think Kill Creek may be worth a read but it has flaws IMO.
TheCollector wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am Haven't read Kill Creek

Currently, I've got a copy of Flight or Fright, about 75% of the way done. Overall the stories are better than I thought they would be.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Ben Staad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 am I'm typically not a fan of shorts but I may check this out. I will go check out CD and see if this available as an E-Book. I think Kill Creek may be worth a read but it has flaws IMO.
TheCollector wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:23 am Haven't read Kill Creek

I read about 90% of my books as ebooks now (shhh don't tell!)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Guys, I'm currently reading Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan it's about a lower middle class guy who recently gets an inheritance when his mom died and spent it all on one of the first "Adams" a new generation of replicant that has just been built. Adam can learn, as well as breathe and make moral judgments. He is not a sex toy, but that area is certainly a component of the book. It's a somewhat unsettling read which winds up asking "If we built a machine that could look into our hearts and minds, could we really expect it to like what it sees?" Also interestingly it's not set in the future but in Brittan 1982.
SherlockCMC

Post by SherlockCMC »

Currently, I am going back to the classics. I am reading The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas. Has anyone read it? I read the summary version in high school and now I am reading the full version.
griesterer

Post by griesterer »

About a quarter of the way through Mystery Walk by Robert Mccammon and enjoying it!!
Philsy

Post by Philsy »

I'm currently reading The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty, and The Bees by Laline Paull. I try to always have a Star Wars book, a Stephen King/Joe Hill book and another author on the go at all times.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Philsy wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 am I'm currently reading The Wind Through The Keyhole by Stephen King, Solo: A Star Wars Story by Mur Lafferty, and The Bees by Laline Paull. I try to always have a Star Wars book, a Stephen King/Joe Hill book and another author on the go at all times.
I sometimes flip between two books myself, but that's about my limit!