Ask and ye shall recieve

Tell me what you would like to see on the forums!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Ask and ye shall recieve

Post by TheCollector »

I'm glad to hear it! I haven't gotten much feedback on it but I was hoping folks would find it useful. Two follow up questions:

1) Do you want to see the text link to ebay.com go away and just have the live search? Or it stay?
2) Do you think swapping the text link for a live search on the US limiteds is a good idea? Or just leave it the way it is?
amd013

Post by amd013 »

I have gone on a buying spree, and have been using this site as a guidline for prices. It would be nice if you could include a date where you offer an approximate value, so I can put the info into context. For example:

"You can still find a few at the bookstores. $35-$40 "

(from The Gunslinger page, in reference to revised 2003 edition).

It might be nice if you added "(as of June 2012)" for example.

Right now I am seeing 1st/1st hardcover versions of this going for over $100 now, just wondering if that's reasonable.

Thanks, this site has been very useful!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

amd013 wrote:I have gone on a buying spree, and have been using this site as a guidline for prices. It would be nice if you could include a date where you offer an approximate value, so I can put the info into context. For example:

"You can still find a few at the bookstores. $35-$40 "

(from The Gunslinger page, in reference to revised 2003 edition).

It might be nice if you added "(as of June 2012)" for example.

Right now I am seeing 1st/1st hardcover versions of this going for over $100 now, just wondering if that's reasonable.

Thanks, this site has been very useful!
Thanks for the idea. I try to keep the prices updated on a regular basis, although I admit a few titles like the revised 2003 viking edition of The Gunslinger have gotten glossed over. I don't follow their pricing regularly because they're not collectible in the same way as the Donald M. Grant editions. That being said, I just took a look and saw the pricing going from $50 - $85 so I'll revise that later today. Here's the $50 link if you're looking for a copy
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... dded%3Dall

...And this goes for ANYONE, if you find that pricing is significantly off please EMAIL me so I can check into it and update as needed. With well over 120 individual titles/editions to keep track of it's certainly possible I've missed out on a pricing change! With that said, I will say prices can fluctuate a bit from month to month or quarter to quarter as well as from various sources - ebay, betts, abe, biblio, etc. So we all have to be somewhat aware that one copy of Joyland selling for 30% less (or more) than usual at site X doesn't necessarily mean that's the new price point.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

Hi Tomas. Time to change March to August on the Home page. :)
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Hi Tomas. Time to change March to August on the Home page. :)
hahahaha, wow nice catch! Updating now!