UK Limited edition of revial

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

UK Limited edition of revial

Post by TheCollector »

Hodder & Stoughton are releasing a limited edition version of Revival in the UK!

This edition will be limited to 500 copies only, details as follows:

Limited edition hardback with deluxe binding, slipcase, illustrated endpapers, author’s FACSIMILE signature and a silver plectrum engraved with the author’s signature.

Price is £100 (plus shipping) H & S states that they cannot ship this to the US or Canada

Here is the link to the site.
doktordru

Re: UK Limited edition of revial

Post by doktordru »

Just had my Revival delivered - and although its not a real signature - its a very nice looking book!

Vivid blue slipcase, nice premium binding embossed with the details on the spine, sewn in book mark plus of course the Silver Plectrum!

Also - happily the book was very well packed - remembering the debacle a few years ago when Waterstones made a mess of the packaging of.....(it will come to me....)

early Christmas present to me!

A

P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

doktordru wrote: P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?
They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:
doktordru wrote: P.S. - meant to ask - was this book sold out pre publication? I seem to recall the web page was up there for quite a while?
They had to give many copies to book dealers to sell it. I know PS Publishing got 50 copies.

You will get this on ebay next year for £25-£35. Just the same as all the other facsimile H&S editions of recent King books.
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

doktordru wrote:
Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:

I seriously doubt that, but let's wait and see....
doktordru

Post by doktordru »

TheCollector wrote:Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)
Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

doktordru wrote:
TheCollector wrote:Nice, was the plectrum made from real silver? (I remember there was some discussion about whether it would be or not on tdt.org forums). Since you're the first person I know to recieve a copy maybe you can shed some light ;)
Well - to my surprise, yes it is! at least its Sterling Silver 925 - real silver being too soft to be fashioned into a guitar pick.

Engraved on the front with SK signature and has 925 stamped on the back. So although not hallmarked it is Sterling Silver - which TBH was an unexpected surprise!.

I'll try and take a pic in due course.

A
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that. Yeah a pic or two would be great!