First edition question

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Crazyjake777

First edition question

Post by Crazyjake777 »

I'm new to collecting Stephen King novels and I was wondering if a price needed to be on the dust jacket of a book to make a first edition. For example, I have the novel The Dead Zone, and everything about tells me that it is a first edition even the ISBN but then I find that there is no price on the dust jacket. Does this make the book a different edition?

Thanks to any who can help,
Jake E. Stief
needfulthings

Re: First edition question

Post by needfulthings »

The lack of price on the dust jacket usually indicates that it is a Book Club Edition.
Crazyjake777

Post by Crazyjake777 »

Ok. Thaks for your help. So far I have what I thought to be 29 Stephen King first editions. I guess I'll have to replace 5 of those.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Jake, make sure that the ones you think are first editions are really firsts. There's a button on the left that shows "1st Editions". Make sure all your books match the criteria there.

John
Crazyjake777

Post by Crazyjake777 »

Yeah, I'm going to print out this guide (http://anna-marie-bowman.hubpages.com/h ... ognize-One) so I can determain weather the SK novels I find are firsts. If your are concerned that I spent money on something that I thought was something elese, then there is no need to wory. I bought all of my SK books at book fair (many of them in new condition I might add) for $1-$3. So I think I can easily sell any of my book club editions if I decide to do that and make my money back.
RIC

Post by RIC »

This website has some cover codes that I don't recall being published before.. Have the info on this site been vertified? Ronnie
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

RIC wrote:This website has some cover codes that I don't recall being published before.. Have the info on this site been vertified? Ronnie
Hey Ronnie, can you give us an example?