Showcase your non-SK collectibles!

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Showcase your non-SK collectibles!

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Some misc. items. The 2 untitled books are the 2 states of Vonnegut's NOTHING IS LOST SAVE HONOR.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just received this over the weekend:

Please excuse the texture-appearance--it's not on the proof, but I think there's something going wrong with my scanner.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Awsome. Back when the first Harry Potter book JUST came out my wife happened to be in the UK for a few weeks and saw Rowling doing a signing, she thought about getting me a copy, just because it was there, but didn't want to stand in line....

Back then neither one of us had any idea what a phenomenon the series would be. Ah what a missed importunity that was!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Tomas, do you realize what a first/first UK Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is going for now? We're talking five figures and that's without a signature!

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Believe me, even though I'm usually not a "cry over spilt milk" sort of guy it still pains me to think about it. :cry:
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Never heard of Jasper Fforde. What type of books does he write?
They're fantasy but not in the usual sense. Here's the first line of Amazon's review of his first series: "Imagine this. Great Britain in 1985 is close to being a police state. The Crimean War has dragged on for more than 130 years and Wales is self-governing. The only recognizable thing about this England is her citizens' enduring love of literature. And the Third Most Wanted criminal, Acheron Hades, is stealing characters from England's cherished literary heritage and holding them for ransom." The 2nd series is fairy tale crimes, like who killed Humpty Dumpty? They are a bit out there - you either love them or hate them. The new one is totally different again.

The recent books I've been surprised that have gone way up in value are the Percy Jacksons. It will be interesting to see if they jump again after the movie opens next month.

Those Potters are great. I'm still kicking myself for waiting for the 2nd book to buy the first, so my Sorcerer's Stone is a 12th printing.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Philip Jose Farmer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Richard Matheson.
ur2ndbiggestfan

More Richard Matheson.