Salem's lot photograph set?

Are you looking for a specific number or book? Maybe you have a book someone is looking for... post it here! If you'd like to advertize your own ebay listings here as well that would be fine, just don't spam the boards.
Forum rules
- Only members can see and post to this Forum

- I am providing a forum for communication I but do not endorse, nor can I be responsible for anything bought or sold via this forum.

- If abuse is reported I will take whatever action I see fit, including banning of the user account.
Tober138

Salem's lot photograph set?

Post by Tober138 »

I picked up the unsigned edition of Salem's Lot from Centipede when it came out (the signed edition sold out by the time I found out about it). I understand that there were some separate sets of the photographs included with the signed edition, but there were also additional ones that were later sold by Centipede - also long gone. I'm looking for a set to put with my edition.

If anyone has one, PM me or feel free to drop me a line at Tober138@gmail.com.

Thanks,
jhanic

Re: Salem's lot photograph set?

Post by jhanic »

Good luck in finding one. I decided, wrongly, to pass them up when they came out and have regretted it ever since. I'm still looking, too!

John
batsker

Post by batsker »

I seem to remember seeing one for sale recently. I didn't realize they were that rare, or I would have mentioned it here on the site. I'll keep my eyes open from now on.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I can't remember the exact amount, but I believe there were somewhere between 25-50 photo sets available. (Closer to 25 I think).

Jerry had some left over unbound photos after the production of the S/L and he sold off a few to people that asked plus a chunk to Betts Books which resold them for $50 if I remember right.

Considering there's 600 copies of the S/L edition out there, I don't expect to see extra photo sets outside of ebay once in a blue moon.

If I come across any I'll post the info here.
STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

HI.
I got my set from BETTS BOOKS , i phoned on the off chance and i got a set about 2 weks later .
Before asking BETTS i got intouch with centipede press and was told by a lady [cant remember her name ] that the photo set would be worth more than the ltd ed book eventually because of their rarity.
Only time will tell.
I have the unsigned book but i also have the fantastic ltd traycase [supplied by the collector] and the photos sit great in the photo holder inside the case ,lovely set.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Tober138 wrote:I picked up the unsigned edition of Salem's Lot from Centipede when it came out (the signed edition sold out by the time I found out about it). I understand that there were some separate sets of the photographs included with the signed edition, but there were also additional ones that were later sold by Centipede - also long gone. I'm looking for a set to put with my edition.

If anyone has one, PM me or feel free to drop me a line at Tober138@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Just a clarification, the illustrations are bound into the book. Separate sets were not included with the S/L.

I also bought my separate set from Betts and picked up the sweet aftermarket traycase from Tomas.

Good luck with your search!
mulleins

Post by mulleins »

At one time the number was 25 photo sets that Jerad of Centipede Press had left over. Somewhere along the line I heard a max of 35. No matter how you look at it, it's a small run for Jerry Uelsmann prints.

If you have a complete set with pictures, traycase & book. You have 1 of 35 only available. Well, that's how I have it listed in my book software. :P

Mulleins
Cumberland VA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I was lucky enough to get a set of the photographs a couple months ago. I got it with one of the "book blocks" that Jerad sold later on. The "book block" is a set of pages that have been folded and gathered (F&G) but not trimmed. I already had the book and associated traycase, so this REALLY completed my set for this edition.

John