New site

Want to talk about things other then SK? Post anything else right here.
ChristineB

Re: New site

Post by ChristineB »

I really like the way you set up the site, easy to use and find what you need.

One suggestion though... Maybe a link to the remarques pages from the menu? just a suggestion.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ChristineB wrote:One suggestion though... Maybe a link to the remarques pages from the menu? just a suggestion.
I second that :)

Other minor 'issues' for me are:

1) There are now two scroll bars when using the forum (one from the website 'container' and one from the forum itself). This happens when the number of posts in a thread is large. I don't think this was the case with the previous incarnation of the site.
2) I would have LOVED to see pictures of the UK trade editions and the known proofs/ARCs for every title! I know there was a bit of discussion on the pro's and con's of adding a proof list because it's hard to put a price tag on them and I totally agree with that. But they are collectible items and IMO, pictures of them would definitely add to the already impressive amount of information present. Same goes for the UK trade covers. You wouldn't need to add information about their value as it's mostly 'street price' I guess.
3) This is really a minor quibble but I would also love to see nicer pictures of the books. Now they're for the most part sort of two-dimensional and cropped, my personal preference is to see a book in all is glory ;) like for example:

But of course this all boils down to my personal interests in collecting, and my personal sense of aesthetics. Overall, I'd say you did a wonderful job and I continue to be grateful for the information you provide!! :D
Last edited by biomieg on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
e_taylor

Post by e_taylor »

ChristineB wrote:I really like the way you set up the site, easy to use and find what you need.

One suggestion though... Maybe a link to the remarques pages from the menu? just a suggestion.
I agree as well - and maybe even open it up to all remarques - have it open for folks to send in photos of ones they own and have them give info about title, edition, etc for a database of ALL artist remarques in King books!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. Some things like the dual menubars on the forums are a function of how the site is designed and I can't change. Other things like moving the Remarqe link up to the side bar I'll definitely take under consideration.

The UK and ARC sections are still on my "list" for possible future upgrades. I just ran out of time to delve into these sections without delaying the launch, especially since they're getting outside my realm of expertise - so I'm very dependent on info from others to get the sections filled in.... That being said, it IS on my radar.

Keep em coming! Praise builds a bigger ego, criticism builds a better website :)
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

Great to hear that the proof/ARC and UK images are still 'on the radar'! It really depends on how you want to implement them I guess: all at once, in dedicated sections on the site, or simply as additional images on the existing information pages for each book title. In the latter case, I would be more than happy to provide photos of the UK 1sts (I'm only missing a few). I'm sure other collectors are also willing to provide images. Of course, creating separate sections with extensive info would require substantially more time.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

biomieg wrote:Great to hear that the proof/ARC and UK images are still 'on the radar'! It really depends on how you want to implement them I guess: all at once, in dedicated sections on the site, or simply as additional images on the existing information pages for each book title. In the latter case, I would be more than happy to provide photos of the UK 1sts (I'm only missing a few). I'm sure other collectors are also willing to provide images. Of course, creating separate sections with extensive info would require substantially more time.

Thank you for the offer, I may just take you up on that ;) I'm not sure yet how best to impletement them myself. Seperate pages would be the nicest - but most time intensive to do