NIGHT SHIFT 1st US value

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Re: NIGHT SHIFT 1st US value

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

It looks like a library copy to me as well.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

I didn't get this one...

I would have loved to have it since the library copy I do have is in much worse shape then this one is. Yes I am cheap, and I don't have all the books in fine condition (no where near even) but I am proud of what I have, while I would love to have them in fine condition I am estactic to have the copies I do. :)

Thanks for the heads up on that though I agree that is what it looks like.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ChristineB wrote:I didn't get this one...

I would have loved to have it since the library copy I do have is in much worse shape then this one is. Yes I am cheap, and I don't have all the books in fine condition (no where near even) but I am proud of what I have, while I would love to have them in fine condition I am estactic to have the copies I do. :)

Thanks for the heads up on that though I agree that is what it looks like.
Same here :) I do own lots of US and UK 1st/1sts in great condition and a decent selection of limited gift editions but when it comes to the more expensive books (such as Night Shift) I have to settle with 'lesser' copies as well.... but I love them all the same! For now, I'm trying to get as close to completing my US and UK sets of 1sts/1sts as reasonably possible, and I'm still on the lookout for affordable copies of two of the unsigned limited editions (the 1984 Talisman, and The Green Mile). Meanwhile, I also pick up some of the more affordable ARC's/proofs every now and then. Once my 'base' collection is where I want it to be, I'll start worrying about whether or not I'm going to save money for S/Ls and/or upgrades of some of my 1st/1sts.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

You mean like these? Which GREEN MILE are you referring to? I never did get all the editions of that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

One more Talisman view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

I did indeed mean the two-volume Talisman set on the top (the unsigned one). As for The Green Mile, I'm referring to the Subterranean Press gift edition:

Both are on my wishlist. They're not that hard to find, but I'm looking for a bargain here ;) No, there's some books I bought I'm currently waiting for to arrive and once the dust settles, so to speak, I'm going to save a bit for a couple of months and then see whether I can get them at a good price.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I notice you have both Talisman proofs. I've heard that the pink one MAY be the UK proof, but I have not been able to verify that, even though I also have both. Do you have any indications one way or another?

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Yes, the pink proof is the British. I used to keep very extensive records and I have that one down as the British proof, 5 and one half by 9 and three eighths inches, 635 pp.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Thanks. I'll make the appropriate changes to the listing at TDT.com.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Not in mint shape, but the DJ is not price-clipped.