Night Shift gutter code mp6aa

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Arglebargler

Night Shift gutter code mp6aa

Post by Arglebargler »

Hello, I just bought a copy of Night Shift with the gutter code mp6aa and I can't find anywhere what edition that is tied to. It has the first edition dust jacket, and doesn't mention any newer books in the short bio on the back flap. Would appreciate any help. Thanks.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Night Shift gutter code mp6aa

Post by TheCollector »

Hello and welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure what the gutter code mp6aa signifies in terms of printing or edition, except that it's not in line with typical Doubleday gutter codes of Year (represented by letter) and week (represented by number) I do know that in order to be a true 1st/1st trade edition it needs to be an S52 on the gutter.

So unfortunately I know the book block itself isn't a true 1st. Beyond that I can't say for sure.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

I don't know what mp6aa signifies either, but as the dust jacket is the largest part of the price, you should keep it if it is in good condition.
Arglebargler

Post by Arglebargler »

Ok, thanks for the help
galgano

Post by galgano »

Late to this message, but I have noticed that the "mp" series of gutter codes is exclusive to those editions that were circulated as Stephen King Book of the Month editions. They are the editions that have the original cover art but no price in the inside dust jacket and do not otherwise say "Book Club Edition." All three copies of my Carrie. Shining, and Night Shift have a MP## code at the end of the book. Plus unlike true Doubleday gutter codes--these codes are not necessarily on the last page of text but rather on the bottom right of the blank pages at the end. Hope this helps.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Interesting!

John