Under the Dome dust jacket variants

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
jhanic

Re: Under the Dome dust jacket variants

Post by jhanic »

There is no lettering on the Collector's editions (either the signed or unsigned). If you'll notice, there's not even an ISBN block on the back.

John
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

... and how about the bellybands? There seem to be different shadings of gold/red/orange. I've seen pictures with lighter and darker bands. Of course this may be due to the photos themselves but I think there was a bit of dicussion about the band colors on the TDT forum.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Does anyone know if the signed edition also came with two different dust jackets? I still haven't unwrapped mine and so don't know what color the lettering is because of the band.
I haven't taken mine out of the shrinkwrap at this point, but I thought there was no lettering on the the S/L...just the band to denote the title.

My Gift edition isn't showing up until Friday, but from what I've heard it seems the signed and unsigned edition are the exact same size and thickness, and what seems to be the same DJ's......Gentlemen do I have that right?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

The only difference between the signed and unsigned edition dust jackets seems to be the price on the front flap. $200 for the signed one and $75 for the unsigned. I don't see any other difference whatsoever.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the special editions had no lettering. Haven't received my Collector's ed. yet either.
Went to Target, they had about 8 copies, all white lettering, bought one.
Went to K-Mart, saw exactly 2 copies, white lettering.
Went to Borders, saw about 15 copies, all grey lettering, bought one.
I'm happy now!
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Thanks for the info! I bought a white lettering one at Target today. I'll look for the other tomorrow. So far, that's 12 different states of UTD I've counted so far (including ARCs). I wish I had a money tree in my backyard! No wonder some people, like well known authors, are so rich!
Does that include the UK paperback?

ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

UK paperback? Now I've lost count. I contacted Cold Tonnage books about buying the UK UTDs but never received a response. Anyplace I can buy these that charges reasonable postage to the USA and also cares about the book's condition so they wrap them protectively for shipping? I don't trust Amazon.UK to do that (based on my Amazon.USA experiences). I am also looking for a number of UK hard and soft cover recent King books.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:...and also cares about the book's condition so they wrap them protectively for shipping? I don't trust Amazon.UK to do that (based on my Amazon.USA experiences)
And rightfully so. I got my UK copy of UTD from Amazon.co.uk yesterday, and it was tightly packed in a cardboard box, without any padding whatsoever. Needless to say, the DJ wasn't in mint condition anymore, every bump on the outside of the package was transferred to the book. Admittedly, this sounds worse than it actually is, but there's definitely some visible flaws on the book now. And this was shipped only a short distance (UK to The Netherlands). I anxiously await my Amazon.com-shipped US trade hardcover of UTD... luckily I paid only the $9 plus a bit for shipping but I might need to get another US copy from my bookstore here in The Netherlands as well.
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

By the way, I'm offering a Dutch limited edition of UTD for sale as well... for details, head over to TheDarktower.com!! 8-)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I figure a total (so far) of 12 editions:

US

Blue paperback proof
Hardcover proof with no dust jacket but with sticker
Hardcover proof with proof dust jacket
Trade edition with white lettering
Trade edition with grey lettering
Collector’s Set
Collector’s Set signed