1ST EDITION DIFFERENT SEASONS

1st editions, book club, etc... find the answers here
Ga Outlaw

Re: 1ST EDITION DIFFERENT SEASONS

Post by Ga Outlaw »

TheCollector wrote:Hey GA Outlaw,

You've got a 4th edition there. You can tell by the fact that the number line starts with a "4".

Anytime you see a number line on the copyright page you want to look for the lowest number and that's which edition/printing you have. You always want to see a #1 in that line.

For earlier books that don't have a number line there are other identifiers. Take some time to look at the 1st edition section of the site, it spells out what to look for to make sure you have a 1st edition, and will show you a picture of the 1st edition copyright page when you click on the cover of the book.
I "assumed" when I saw it that with it being an older book the number line might not matter. When I got it home I check the first edition page for Different Seasons here & it did not say anything about the number line but everything else on the page mached.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I'll double check when I get home but it looks like Different Seasons is a book where the 1st edition doesn't have a number line. There are some other titles like that as well.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

According to Hutch's site, there is no number line in the first printing.

John