WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE TRUE SIGNED LTD UK EDITION

Any questions related to limited editions
joeblasko128

Re: WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE TRUE SIGNED LTD UK EDITION

Post by joeblasko128 »

jhanic wrote:I also was able to order a copy, thanks to the link you provided, Tomas. I'll postpone the happy dance until I get an email confirmation, though. I guess it's just the cynic in me.

John
I did get my email confirmation, so far so good.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Congratulations! I'm still waiting.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

FIrst of all, I want to congratulate anyone that was able to place an order.

Secondly, I want to gently prepare you guys (and myself) for the possibility that the order may not be filled. I know, I know this may make you nervious but I'm going to throw out a few things:

1) On Friday I received an inactive product link (the one I posted) from Waterstones, with the information that their allocation had been reduced to 39 copies. This makes me think they oversold their 150 copies for in person/phone orders.

2) It's been over half an hour and the order page still does not show out of stock...I'll give it another hour or so, but 39 copies should be sold out by now

3) Over at tdt.org there seems to be a claim that Jerome was able to buy 19 copies. I'm not quite sure he's serious at this point but that would point to the shopping cart not subtracting inventory in real time. I tried putting 15 copies in the shopping cart myself and was able to do so, although I did not attempt to complete the order with that quantity.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just got my confirmation email. Actually, I fully expect a cancellation email within the next few days. My credit card has been charged $0.02.

John
joeblasko128

Post by joeblasko128 »

jhanic wrote:I just got my confirmation email. Actually, I fully expect a cancellation email within the next few days. My credit card has been charged $0.02.

John
Well, heck. Same here. Typically the .02 is to confirm that the card is a working card, but they have yet to take out the $250 or so for the book so I may be in that same boat.

I guess time will tell. Oh well, at the end of the day I could scarcely afford the darn thing anyway. Happy dance could soon become a war dance, complete with thundering drums!
DerSchwede

Post by DerSchwede »

Hi Everybody,
first thanks to Thomas (correct?) for the hint !
I just was checing my mail right in that second,
and have the order confirmation 7 minutes after your NL in my mailbox.

But i will also wait with the lucky dance...
If this was to slow - than i do not know how fast you have to be.

At the moment the page says +10 Available, but if you try to put one in the basket, nothing happens.
This seams quit like a broken sold out for me.

But for everybody who might be in the UK, HATCHARDS, 187 PICCADILLY
is listed with stock level green - so maybe you want to take a walk there ..

Now i keep my fingers crossed for you , and me of course :D
BR
S.
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

I also used the link Tomas provided and was able to order and get a confirmation email. My credit card has the $0.02 and a charge for $254.59, but both say pending. Don't know if that means I did get one or not..........I'm still hoping.

Tony
ajw2910

Post by ajw2910 »

Just got my shuipping confirmation from Waterstones - so I guess I did luck out and get one! Can't wait to get this in my hands now!
DerSchwede

Post by DerSchwede »

"Your order has now been shipped and should be with you soon."

Time for the happydance i think :D
Thanks Thomas!

BR

S.

Edit: Book is gone from the Website...
joeblasko128

Post by joeblasko128 »

I guess I will have to wait and see. My bank, in their imminent wisdom, chose to hold the charges until they called me at 5:50 am to approve the charge to protect me from unseen overseas bandits.

The charges have now been processed so the money has exchanged hands, but my account summary as Waterstones has this ominous message:

Order being processed. One (or more) item(s) awaited from supplier

I guess, if things don't work out, I can't blame Waterstones. Instead, I can throttle the manager at the local bank.