jhanic

Re: WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE TRUE SIGNED LTD UK EDITION

Post by jhanic »

Welcome aboard!

John
STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

Just to let you all know ,my friend at work has just today bought a WTTKH signed edition [genuine signature ] from Waterstones.
This is about 13 days after i bought mine which was very early on after it became known.
I really hope this dosnt mean that Waterstones are just taking all orders and and then it being a lucky dip if one arrives at the store to pick up. Will i be angry? ---- you bet.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I've tried a number of stores, with 99% saying I had to be there in person to order, or else wait for he 50 to be available online.

Hen I had one guy saying no prob to order, so I sent payment details and am waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed.

Then just a few minutes ago I got another email from yet a different store who said all pre orders are full. Fingers crossed she is wrong.

I'll keep ya updated.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

This whole thing reminds me of the fiasco that trying to order the signed 11/22/63 from Scribner turned out to be.

John
Steveisking

Post by Steveisking »

Thanks for the welcome!

UPDATE: I have spoken to someone at Waterstones at Piccadilly Circus and they believe all the signed editions are sold out via pre-ordering. As there is a lot of conflicting reports with some stores taking pre-orders and others not doing so, I have sent a message to the head of Waterstones to seek clarification as to how this works, how stock is allocated and whether there can be a consistent message sent out from staff as well as asking what the official position is.

Hope to update you soon...
STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

Fingers crossed then that all is going to be ok ,surley with todays tech they should know when they have full orders for the 1st 150-- i am at the shop at 9 am opening just in case with my reciept . lol
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

My guy came back to me and confirmed the morning he went to place my order, a directive came out from HO saying all preorders are allocated. He apologised for getting my hopes up.

Bugger.
jimimck

Post by jimimck »

I don't want to jinx myself, but I have a pretty good lead on a UK S/L edition from a different source. Will let you know if successful....

Fingers crossed again.
joeblasko128

Post by joeblasko128 »

Thanks for the notice Thomas. Just ordered mine without any issues from the link you provided and I am now doing an embarrassing happy dance in my office.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I also was able to order a copy, thanks to the link you provided, Tomas. I'll postpone the happy dance until I get an email confirmation, though. I guess it's just the cynic in me.

John