TheLangoleer

Re: WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE TRUE SIGNED LTD UK EDITION

Post by TheLangoleer »

How can I get one of these?!?!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

So I've reached out to my own contact at Waterstone's and here's what I've been told. It's always possible things change before release but this should be accurate as of today.
1. There IS going to be a true S/L edition released
2. The ISBN of this edition is 9781444755466
3. The print run is 200 copies. 150 available in store / 50 available online
4. Price is £150 (approx $240)
5. The online link has not gone live yet, and is not expected to so do until approx April 24th
6. A local store should be able to take your pre-order in person as long as they still have stock
7. As of this morning the book is still in stock
8. I am waiting to receive confirmation that it is OK to order via the phone. The rep thinks there may be a problem with phone orders and is getting confirmation on how those will work.
I'm expecting a response on that either tomorrow or Wednesday. I've also asked for clarification on what phone# to call (if they allow it) and what procedure to follow when ordering. I'll send out another newsletter when I have more information and will keep the latest info up on the forums

If any of our UK members hear something different, don't be shy, speak up :!:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Thanks, Tomas!

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

All my orders on the phone were successful.
STEPHEN RODGERS

Post by STEPHEN RODGERS »

Thanks--- but does anybody know if its jacketed or numbered at all, its a good price as well and i cant see them lasting out the week now .
Is it available to pick up on day of publication or will it be a bit later ? i will go instore and ask tommorow.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:All my orders on the phone were successful.
And how many orders was that - 199 out of the 200 :mrgreen:

yes it's supposed to be based on the description I recieved from Waterstones. I'm pasting it below

Waterstone's exclusive SIGNED edition (nb. This is a genuine signed edition, not a facsimile signature). Signed, numbered, slipcased, shrinkwrapped hardback with head and tail bands, coloured ends, marker ribbon and six colour plates.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

That finally answers one of my questions--if it is numbered or not! I've been trying to find out ever since I heard of it.

John
LeeKW

Post by LeeKW »

Hi all, lifetime SK fan but just registered here as I wanted to add some information about this. Happy to say that yesterday evening I preordered the true signed version. So as of 5th April 5PM they were still available. This is at my local Waterstones, in the UK obviously.

It took quite a long time for the person to look it up on the system, and she eventually had to call someone on the phone.

I don't know why this is, I can only think there might be rules about buying it. One common sense one they might apply is 1 per person which seems reasonable. I am just happy to have the chance to own this. I've been a fan for 25 years and very happy to get the chance to own such an edition, actually signed by Sk himself.

Hope this is useful. :)
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Thanks for the information! This edition seems to be hard to order, but once someone gets the right people, it can be ordered. I just wonder exactly how many pre-orders for this thing are being accepted.

John
Steveisking

Post by Steveisking »

Hi everyone,

I just tried pre-ordering this via my local waterstones. It showed up on screen but it wouldn't allow them to order it. They couldn't see why so no luck on my front I'm afraid. If anyone can help, please let me know. They suggested trying Hatchards who are also owned by Waterstones but they can't order it, only let me know if they get any in.

Thanks everyone, I've just found this site and am so pleased to have!!