UTD UK special edition

Any questions related to limited editions
biomieg

Re: UTD UK special edition

Post by biomieg »

jhanic wrote:"Never resist temptation--it may not pass your way again." -- Lazarus Long (aka Robert A. Heinlein).

John
That quote is fantastic!! :D
biomieg

Post by biomieg »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:
Please!, somebody talk me out of it and tell me its a stupid idea.... before my wife finds out. ;)
Here are some SK books I passed on in the last few years:

1. Extra copies of the limited CUJO from Mysterious press, I could have had them for $75 each
2. Same as above on DANSE MACABRE
3. I was at a convention where numerous copies of the signed limited FIRESTARTER from Phantasia Press were sitting on a table begging to be bought at the original price.
4. A postcard sent to me by a book dealer saying he "only had 20 copies left of SIX STORIES for $135 each"; I didn't even buy one.
5. The limited BLACK HOUSE from Grant which I passed on for some unknown reason.

Maybe this will help with your decision!
... wow... :shock:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

biomieg wrote:
jhanic wrote:"Never resist temptation--it may not pass your way again." -- Lazarus Long (aka Robert A. Heinlein).

John
That quote is fantastic!! :D
The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

John
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

Thanks for all the encouragment guys !

It appears this is finally sold out :cry: , Waterstones information on their site is way out of date. Hatchards do not have any left after being informed by a very surly young gentleman.

Oh well... it was a good idea!... at least im still married :|
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

MrLevity wrote:Thanks for all the encouragment guys !

It appears this is finally sold out :cry: , Waterstones information on their site is way out of date. Hatchards do not have any left after being informed by a very surly young gentleman.

Oh they'll have plenty of returns I think. A lot of folks seem to be requesting refunds for poorly shipped books that arrived damaged...the only catch? You'll be getting a damaged book :x
thl

Post by thl »

TheCollector wrote:
MrLevity wrote:Thanks for all the encouragment guys !

Oh they'll have plenty of returns I think. A lot of folks seem to be requesting refunds for poorly shipped books that arrived damaged...the only catch? You'll be getting a damaged book :x
they suggested to buy another book, send the damaged back and ask for a refund. this is unacceptable for very limited editions. BTW I'm still waiting for an answer to my reply (partial refund)
demorgan

Post by demorgan »

Who suggested? waterstones? Just wanted to be clear in case I receive a damaged book.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

So...waitasec. You're saying those of us who bought the book in the past two or three days might be getting damaged goods? That these are scratch and dents? Is that even legal without informing the buyer, especially for an item like this?

BTW, I received #657 of the the artist edition of Eluria today - no remarque. ;( Ohwell, didn't hurt to try.
thl

Post by thl »

yep, waterstones customer care suggested that. obviusly now it's no more valid as the book is sold out.

damages caused by the poor packaging include mainly bumped corner. IHMO it's unlikely to get scratched books (at least the package covers the whole book...( This is a problem which affects all the shipments and not only the ones in the last days. I did two orders, same packages, same courier (not mail) one is bumped and one not...
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

Waterstone's is using the same sort of packaging that Amazon uses. The book is wrapped in the cardboard mailer, with no other protection inside. My copy of my book is in perfect condition, but one of the corners from my sllpcase has a very slight dent. The card pack was undamaged. But, for the $165 I paid for it, there is no way I'm sending it back.