UTD UK special edition

Any questions related to limited editions
pwk

Re: UTD UK special edition

Post by pwk »

Hi all
Just found this great forum!

I managed to get a copy from Hatchards and was really impressed with the service. Quick delivery and very well packaged.

I cannot believe I have finally got a signed Stephen King book. I am so chuffed!

:)
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Congrats to all of you who have been receiving your UK S/L's. Can't wait for mine to show up!
thl

Post by thl »

jhanic wrote:I got the notice from Waterstone's that my copy had shipped via courier on Monday, November 30. I received it today, Wednesday, December 2! That was fast, especially considering that it came all the way from Great Britain! I truly didn't expect it until at least the beginning of next week.

I got #231/500.

John
mine was shipped on 30th november too, but nothing arrived (Italy) :( Let's hope for tomorrow
thl

Post by thl »

is this edition selling really few copies or is it just my feeling ? 4 days and still available with only 500 copies... And no limitations like the US one...
thl

Post by thl »

just received my two copies from waterstones... both with a bumped corner :((( the one I've opened has number 235/500, the other is a gift, and I can't open it :)
MrLevity

Post by MrLevity »

thl wrote:is this edition selling really few copies or is it just my feeling ? 4 days and still available with only 500 copies... And no limitations like the US one...
Im surprised about this too, especially as its a far nicer edition that the US one. I would have thought quite a large number of people would have bought multiple copies just to sit on until the price goes up.
Anyone got any other thoughts on why this is not selling?
pwk

Post by pwk »

The Waterstones web-site is still showing 10+ copies in stock
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

In general the UK editions are just not as widely collected as the US editions, and Simon and Schuster has huge press coverage and reach, a larger circle of people bought up this limited edition then the "usual" crowd

On the other hand you're not going to know about the UK limited edition unless you're a fairly serious collector and/or get to one of handful of sites that cover limited editions.
needfulthings

Post by needfulthings »

Does the U.K. limited edition include the Mathew Diffee illustrations in the book? And what is the page count?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

It does not contain the illustrations inside the book. The endpapers are the color map. It has 896 pages; less than the US edition, but that's because of different typefaces, pagination, etc. It's the same as the UK trade hardcover. The limitation page is not numbered, so I guess you could say this edition has 898 pages if you want to get technical.

The s/l edition does include the package of cards in a separate compartment at the top of the slipcase.

John