UTD damaged signature page

Any questions related to limited editions
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: UTD damaged signature page

Post by TheCollector »

That's very helpful :!: Oddly enough I think the G is fine but it's the K that is weird. The signed trade edition has the usual K... the top of the S/L looks quite strange.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Just to compare the early and later signatures, here is the one from my 1st edition CARRIE, in which Mr. King obviously forgot what year it was. Notice the much flashier 'g'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

CJ.in.Cal wrote:I received the signed copy of UTD. I was really disappointed to see the signature page was damaged.

Just another reason large publishing houses should never consider doing limited editions. This kind of damage almost always happens with every publication, but the care that a 2-10 man specialty publisher can give in dealing with issues dwarfs anything a 5000 multi-national company like S&S could ever hope to attain.

I wish you (and everyone else having issues) the best in getting them settled.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Christine B - looks like the signatures are the same, so that's kind of a relief. The 'g' in King's earlier books is more fully formed. Maybe he's not doing the flourish because it's easier signing so many thousands of copies that way.
How do you get your pictures so nice and bright without glare? If I use the flash it shines too much. And if I don't use the flash it causes a shadow, as you can see on my signature picture. I also only barely open my hardcovers, just enough to read them, I NEVER open them all the way flat. Maybe that has something to do with it?
I have to admit the picture above is actually from a larger photo of the title page, I just cut it out and saved it that way, hense the slight blurriness of the picture. I don't open the book all the way flat to take the pic, just about 90 degrees so the side is out of the way. I have had problems with my little camera and very close up pics, the flash just whites out the page, which is why I took a pic father away and cut the part out I wanted.

If I had wanted to get out the nice camera I know I could have gotten a very good macro pic with it, but was being lazy. The little quick pic cameras just don't do macro's well at all.
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

TheCollector wrote:That's very helpful :!: Oddly enough I think the G is fine but it's the K that is weird. The signed trade edition has the usual K... the top of the S/L looks quite strange.
I agree with you here, the K in the s/l does look a bit strange. But I am sure they were signed by SK.

All this stuff is why I don't think I will ever buy a signed trade book from anyone. Just too much variation in anyone's sig to be sure all the time.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I seldom buy a signed trade edition of any of King's books unless I know and have dealt with the seller. There are a good number of VERY reliable sellers out there.

John