D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Any questions related to limited editions
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: D M GRANT LITTLE SISTERS GUNSLINGER LTD EDITION .

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

QUOTE - The Artist's Editions were all numbered on a limitation sheet tipped into the book. The number on the shrinkwrap made it easier for them to ship a given number to the proper customer who requested it without having to open the book. Once the number is used, that's it.

Like this. I still haven't opened mine, I hope it's not defective too!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

I'll look again. Maybe I was so flustered by the torn page that I didn't notice that there was a limitation page.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

ah yes.. The AE is also numbered..thank you for pointing this out to me. I feel like a goon now. :ugeek:
I guess I should have Looked before I went off on a rant. So basically it can't be replaced unless I want an unmatched set. =(
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

You might ask Grant if you can return both books for a trade for the same number. I don't know if they have any deluxe versions left, but it can't hurt to try.

John
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

I did just that John, but there are not any under 500 deluxe copies left ( what we figured). So my options at this point are get a replacement AE with a different number or send the damaged one back to be repaired by the binder. I'm not so hot on the idea of a repaired book.. Is it a big deal to have 'unmatched numbers?' I highly doubt I'd ever sell them, but if I were to do so at some unforseen time, I realize a 'repaired' book would rub a potential buyer the wrong way. Any thoughts on this would be helpful..
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

There have been valid arguments on both sides of this. I, myself, like same-numbered copies, but I'm not a fanatic about it at all. As to whether the same-numbered copies are more valuable than those that are not depends on the buyer. Some people may like this, others may not. Of course, this does not apply to a complete same-numbered set of The Dark Tower books. Those do carry a premium.

John
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Thanks for your insights, John. I think I'll go ahead and get a replacement. If nothing else, its another shot at a remarque.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

If you get a remarque, be sure to let us know. I don't think I've heard of ANY being received in this edition, although there are supposed to be some out there.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Bounce0320 wrote:Thanks for your insights, John. I think I'll go ahead and get a replacement. If nothing else, its another shot at a remarque.
At the end of the day, the Artist edition number is much less important then the S/L number - since SK has already mentioned the possiblity of a new Dark Tower book the chances of DMG doing a limited edition of it are high, as is the chance of them keeping their same nubmering/lottery system...meaning that it's the S/L that will gaurantee you a chance at a same numbered new book at the publisher's price, not the artist edition.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Has there now been any mention of a remarque found in the artist's edition? I still haven't taken the shrinkwrap off of mine so have not checked my copy.