Showcase your SK collectibles!

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Re: Showcase your SK collectibles!

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

The white and black ones in the box both start with '1'. The white one outside the box starts with '2'. I had a fun time tracking down the firsts many years ago when I became aware of how hard they were to find. I could only find one color (I forget which) in the boxed set. The lady who owned the bookstore at the time was kind enough to let me rip the shrinkwrap off so I could check it before I bought it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ndbiggestfan

One more "hot" picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I agree-they're scarce. Almost all the copies I've seen had, on the front cover, "By the Author of The Dead Zone" with all the subsequent printings having "By the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo". I have one copy, with a white cover, that's a first printing with "By the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on the cover. I've never seen another.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

You are right. I forgot about that. Both my firsts are missing the "and CUJO" part of the blurb. That's why I had to open the box to look at the books.
ur2ndbiggestfan

More pictures.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

That's neat, where did the cards come from?
ur2ndbiggestfan

The cards were from Overlook Connection, one free with every purchase of Gerald's Game. I don't remember why they sent me so many!
I tried to take better photos of them but could not compress the higher quality pictures to a level that the site accepts. Still working on that!
I guess they had a contest for a pair of signed handcuffs by Stephen King, as written on the cards. I wonder who won the 'cuffs?
ur2ndbiggestfan

Promotional flyers.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Promotional items Part deux.
ur2ndbiggestfan

Promotional flyers part drei.