Book Plate...WHich Book should I put it In..

Want to post something else SK related that doesn't fit into an existing category? Do it here.
demorgan

Book Plate...WHich Book should I put it In..

Post by demorgan »

I just received a stephen king bookplate(tom allen bookplate thing.). I was wanting people's opinion about which SK book(s) i should put it in( if at all)..and what their opinion about bookplates are in the first place...Hey, thanks for helping me out..everyone in the forum seems very nice and polite(which is getting to be a rarity).
jhanic

Re: Book Plate...WHich Book should I put it In..

Post by jhanic »

I wouldn't put it into any book--just leave it as it came. With the reference to the politician Tom Allen on the bottom, it's fairly obvious where it came from and wouldn't really "enhance" any book. Just my opinion, though.

John
Trashcan Man

Post by Trashcan Man »

I agree with John. Keep a 1st edition a 1st edition without any attached bookplates.

However, if you don't care about resale value in the future, and if it makes you happy, go ahead and paste the bookplate in your favorite SK book.

I personally will never buy (or sell) a book with an attached signed bookplate. There is no substitute for a book that the author has actually signed, with his/her own hand.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I agree with both of you. Don't go pasting a bookplate in with the book.

IF anything, you could keep the plate inserted in a book (use tape if you want) or even slip it in between the cover and brodart DJ protector... assuming you use those.

Or I suppose you could frame it along with whatever Thank you Letter the candidate sent along with the bookplate.