Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

lophophoras

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by lophophoras »

Most of the collectors I know have removed their books from the shrink wrap.
kieron

Post by kieron »

Hi,

I'll definitely be taking the shrinkwrap off mine. I saw what happens to shrinkwrap after a few years when I bought DT III direct from Grant a few years back. It starts to kind of 'perish' off onto the jacket leaving a residue that has to be wiped off.
Plus, of course, how could you live without seeing the signature on your own copy?
Tito_Villa

Post by Tito_Villa »

Is there anyway of getting a slipcase similar to the UK S/L with the curved sides?
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

I removed the shrink wrap as well. Part of the enjoyment of books is actually being able to look through the book at signatures, art, etc. Who wants a bookshelf filled with books you can't look through?
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Tito_Villa wrote:Is there anyway of getting a slipcase similar to the UK S/L with the curved sides?
Curved sides?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Check out post #2090. The slipcase from Waterstone's/Hodder has curved edges on the front of the slipcase. This makes the book a lot easier to remove, plus it looks kind of neat.

http://thedarktower.com/palaver/showthr ... 88&page=70

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Interesting, something to ask the bindery about anyway.

As an update I should be seeing an unwrapped prototype on Tuesday. I've had the design explained to me over the phone but I couldn't quite envision it without actually seeing it in person.

If it's great, then pre-orders should open up within a few days, if it needs any major revisions then a little longer.
Deadlights

Post by Deadlights »

Any word on the prototype? If so, could you post some pictures? I'm very curious!

BTW, Under the Dome is my first ever s/l book, though I'm thinking getting the UK edition as well, (I really like what they did w/ the slipcase, and the numbered limitation page is tempting) if i can pull enough funds together.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Deadlights wrote:Any word on the prototype? If so, could you post some pictures? I'm very curious!

BTW, Under the Dome is my first ever s/l book, though I'm thinking getting the UK edition as well, (I really like what they did w/ the slipcase, and the numbered limitation page is tempting) if i can pull enough funds together.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights!
It SHOULD be here sometime today. I wasn't planning on putting up photos however as I was told not to expect a wrapped box...so I'm expecting just the cardboard glued together along with the mechanism for holding the cards. I don't expect it to look pretty at this point; I'm looking at the functionality.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

So, what's the current plan? Slipcases and/or traycases? For which editions? I'd really prefer a bang-up traycase for the S&S limited ($50+). The UK edition already comes with an interestingly designed slipcase, so I don't think one needs to be developed for it.