Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!

Are you interested in an Under the Dome slipcase?

Yes, for sure
95%
Maybe
4%
No
1%

Total votes: 84

retiredcct

Re: Do you want a S/L Under the Dome Slipcase?

Post by retiredcct »

I WOULD have been all for it but CD came out with their advertisement of a slipcase 4 hours before I got your notice and I ordered instatnly! I purchased 3 lmtd, 1 collector, and 1 trade from CD. I am going to sarasota next week to pick up my signed trade - that should be cool - I've never seen SK in person before.
CJ.in.Cal

Post by CJ.in.Cal »

I would also purchase a case for UTD.
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

HAHAHAHAHA! Listen to all the stuck-up, spoiled, snotty, book babies whining about the "quality" of their $200 book! Hilarious!

"Waaaaah! I wanted a slipcase! Waaaaah! It's only got a dog stamped on it!"

LOL! Maybe the next book will be bound in the hide of an endangered species and limited to three copies so you all can go on a "Long Walk" to see who gets em'.

I would like a slipcase Mr. Collector, and I will get one from you instead of Cemetery Dance since I would like to receive the thing before the Mayan Doomsday of 2012. CD would never get the slipcase here before then. Going to Atlanta to get a TRADE (gasp) copy signed by Mr. King and would love to have a slipcase.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

As Tomas already knows, I posted this on TDT.com yesterday, however I thought I'd float the idea over here as well.
Here's a quick mock-up of what I would love to buy from you.

Of course, the proportions are different for UTD, but it's your traycase for THE STAND, without the window (nor the related plastic sheet) but with a thin shelf space for the card case. Using a different material or monochromatic would be just fine too if that helps reduce your production costs.

I would pay $50 for such a traycase, maybe a little more.
dcutter

Post by dcutter »

RE the slipcase. Because of the band that goes around the s/ltd I have put your typical clear cover over the dust jacket. This keeps it from being damaged every time I pick it up [I'm reading it]. It would be nice if the slipcase could be just a bit larger to accommodate the slightly larger book with dj cover. This would eliminate damage to the band when taking it in and out of the case.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

dcutter wrote:RE the slipcase. Because of the band that goes around the s/ltd I have put your typical clear cover over the dust jacket. This keeps it from being damaged every time I pick it up [I'm reading it]. It would be nice if the slipcase could be just a bit larger to accommodate the slightly larger book with dj cover. This would eliminate damage to the band when taking it in and out of the case.

For sure, it'll be wide enough to handle the clear mylar covers that folks (wisely) put on their DJ's.
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Now that it looks like most everyone's in favor of purchasing a case from Tomas, maybe we should ask how many of us will need more than one so he can factor those into his estimate. I'll need 2 myself.
Royalecheese

Post by Royalecheese »

Not trying to pull people away, but it looks like Overlook is getting in on the case too.

http://overlookconnection.com/product_i ... ts_id=8307
kieron

Post by kieron »

Wasn't happy with the service I got at Overlook when I bought from them- they never got round to sending the DT comic slipcase I pre-ordered. Won't be going near CD either from what I hear from you guys, so you can definitely count me in for one of yours, please, Tomas.
ELazansky

Post by ELazansky »

I would be interested in a slipcase for the Limited Edition as well. I agree that a simpler slipcase would be fine for Under the Dome. I saw the ad from CD as well, so as long as we can order from you before their ordering period runs out, I'm in.