Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Under the Dome

Post by TheCollector »

Sigh - my newsletter service is acting weird I sent out a newsletter at 8:45 this morning and it finaly hit my inbox at 11:43.

Of course I'm guessing the entire run was delayed so people are jsut now getting noticed and the books sold out. I just sent out another one letting people know the book was sold out.. we'll see if it's faster then 3 hours :x
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

I ordered at 6 am (AZ time) exactly and saw my confirmation email came in at 6:01! I thought the whole process went smooth and without issue. Thumbs up :D to S&S I think!

And yes, I agree... 1250 copies in 5+ hours? That's fast!!
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

That is pretty fast. I was debating if should order it or not. This morning I said what the heck. Ordered mine a little after 9:00am EST. I got the conformation at 9:39am EST. Glad I did not wait too long.
Marco

Post by Marco »

BIG BUMMER! my second order was also cancelled moments ago.....it's a real shame S&S only offered these for US customers. I thought I had everything sorted out by having it sent to a US address but I guess that a billing address outside the US wasn't valid .....
Now hopefully they'll reply to the email I sent asking why my first order was cancelled and perhaps then I'll have the chance to have it charged to a US creditcard, otherwise it'll be the secondary market.
I think a lot of the orders are from people that are looking to resell it due to the high demand considering The Little Sisters of Eluria took such a long time to sell out.
I sure hope future limited editions will be sold only by publishers like Cemetery Dance and Grant Books and not publishers like S&S that pay no attention to the foreign collectors...
Anyway, congrats to you fellow collectors that were able to obtain a copy!
Bounce0320

Post by Bounce0320 »

Agreed! I kept pulling up the link to see when it would sell out and was surprised to read here that it Already sold out at 11 something.. The link I had used was (still is) working as if they Aren't sold out. Obviously I see from the link in Tomas' email that they are truly out. Glad I didn't delay either!
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

Just to put my 2 cents in, I ordered within the first five minutes on an American credit card to an American address and got one with no problem. (possible solution - everybody move to America? Nah, probably won't happen!)
needful_things4me

Post by needful_things4me »

I've been operating in total crisis mode on a client project for the last 24 hours. Just barely got my order placed in time. Completed transaction and received confirmation at 12:52 pm Eastern.

Big thank you for the email reminder Tomas. If I hadn't found your email while looking for a client file I would have missed out entirely.

Can't thank you enough for ALL you do.

Andrea
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Marco wrote:BIG BUMMER! my second order was also cancelled moments ago.....it's a real shame S&S only offered these for US customers. I thought I had everything sorted out by having it sent to a US address but I guess that a billing address outside the US wasn't valid .....
Now hopefully they'll reply to the email I sent asking why my first order was cancelled and perhaps then I'll have the chance to have it charged to a US creditcard, otherwise it'll be the secondary market.
I think a lot of the orders are from people that are looking to resell it due to the high demand considering The Little Sisters of Eluria took such a long time to sell out.
I sure hope future limited editions will be sold only by publishers like Cemetery Dance and Grant Books and not publishers like S&S that pay no attention to the foreign collectors...
Anyway, congrats to you fellow collectors that were able to obtain a copy!
I'm very sorry to hear that.... but stories like this make me think there's going to be some sort of second offering later. After all you can't be the only order that is canceled... that'll leave them with some extra books.

Also, apparently the system did accept multi-book orders, will those be canceled as well in a few hours?
Big thank you for the email reminder Tomas. If I hadn't found your email while looking for a client file I would have missed out entirely.

Can't thank you enough for ALL you do.
My pleasure, glad you were able to get your copy Andrea!
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

According to one of the posts at TDT.com, the poster said he ordered two copies (using the quantity button) and both were accepted at that time. A few minutes later, though, the second copy was canceled.

John
kieron

Post by kieron »

I'm with Marco on this one. I guess S&S can choose to sell to who they want, but they've certainly left me feeling pretty alienated and unloved as a non-US buyer. Seems pretty sad that a company of their size can't even get it together enough to reply to e-mails when the little guys like Grant etc are so good on customer service. I get the impression that Betts Books aint too happy with them either...
I'll get mine on the secondary market- I agree that the speed of the sellout probably means that there's going to be a fair few copies on e-bay come November, so I'll probably be less bitter about the whole thing then, but I can't see myself taking a chance on an unknown author published by S&S anytime soon.