Under the Dome

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
TheCollector
Site Admin

Re: Under the Dome

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys, Camelot Books is taking pre-orders for the limited edition of Under the Dome, and they also released some additional info on it.

==============
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It has come to our attention that there is to be a Collector's Edition of Stephen King's UNDER THE DOME. While we have the 1st US trade on our site for pre-ordering, we won't be putting the Collector's Edition up until sometime next week or so, but wanted to go ahead and get an idea of those that may be interested in a copy of this state.

Following are some of the highlights of the Collector's Edition:

Belly band
Jacket (will be the same jacket as on the trade state)
Housed in a stamped case
4 color printed endpapers
Ribbon marker
Deck of cards (apparently this relates to the book)
Shrinkwrapped
25,000 copies

The proposed publication price of this edition of $75.00 and we will be taking pre-order at 10% off, or $67.50.

So if you are interested in having me put you down for a copy of this state, please drop me an e-mail as it won't be on the site for a week or so. E-mail me at: Kim@Camelotbooks.com
======================
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

So this is the same one that is linked to Amazon?
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Here's the Amazon link for the Collector's Set:

http://www.amazon.com/Under-Dome-Collec ... 669&sr=1-1

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Hi Mike, yes it's the same one amazon has listed.
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

Cool,
That's where I ordered it from. No new dust jacket, but those extras should be interesting and only 25,000 of them should make it somewhat of a cool collectible .
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

This was just posted by the Moderator on the Stephen King Message Board:
I've been authorized to release the official information from Scribner about the collector's editions, so here you go:

Scribner will publish two Collector’s Editions. The regular Collector’s Edition will have a special jacket with a belly band, a stamped case, four-color printed endpapers, a ribbon marker, and will contain a set of 27 special trading cards featuring drawings of characters from the book (drawn by cartoonist Matthew Diffee). These drawings will also be featured in the book—as a frontispiece image and on the 26 part title pages. The book will be shrink-wrapped and Scribner will print only 25,000 copies of this edition, priced at $75.

Scribner is also offering 1,500 copies of a signed, limited Collector’s Edition. This contains all the special elements listed above, plus the book will be signed by the author. This is priced at $200.
Now I have to figure out how to get one of the signed limiteds!

John
MikeDuke

Post by MikeDuke »

That does not seem to bad($200) considering there are only 1500 of them.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

I"m surprised King agreed to sign so many for Scribner, that's 250 MORE then number of S/L Little Sisters books.... And you know DMG must have fought pretty hard to have more of those signed so all customers of DT-7 would have qualified for a matching copy.

Regardless, $200 for a signed copy plus extras is a good price - let's hope there's not a repeat of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon!

:!: IF ANYONE GETS INFO ON PURCHASING THE S/L EDITION PLEASE POST IT HERE :!:
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

TheCollector wrote:Regardless, $200 for a signed copy plus extras is a good price - let's hope there's not a repeat of The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon!

:!: IF ANYONE GETS INFO ON PURCHASING THE S/L EDITION PLEASE POST IT HERE :!:
I'll keep checking.

I just hope they don't do what Doubleday did regarding the signed limited Stand--each of their sales reps got a few to sell as they saw fit. It never was offered at the issue price to the general public at all as far as I know. I was lucky enough to get my copy a year later at a little more than double the issue price of $325 from a specialty bookstore.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Ms Mod just posted this:

Here is the link to Scribner's site for information about pre-ordering the unsigned edition. I've asked them about the signed edition and was told that it will likely be sold via the Simon & Schuster website, but plans are not yet finalized. They will get back to me when they have more information.

The link is: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Under ... ustd=33363

(Note, I updated the link. The old one stopped working!)

John