Under the Dome Book Signing

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
skinglover

Re: Under the Dome Book Signing

Post by skinglover »

Did you all see Steve on "The View"? That was GREAT! If you haven't, it's on YouTube.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

A binding error, especially given the size of the first printings of King's books, are relatively common, so it isn't inherently valuable. There are a few collectors out there that like that sort of thing, but the only way to find them is to put the item out on eBay. If the lady did get King's signature on the book, that does make it more valuable, but not noticeably more so than a "normal" book under most circumstances.

John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

skinglover wrote: They DID allow cameras, but no flashes. The lighting was great, though.
The first time going through (I went 2 times) the guards were very rude acting and rushing people. The second time, they relaxed and let you get a decent picture.
The guards? The store employees right? Not actual security?
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

They actually had Atlanta PD there as security, and employees that were rushing people along.

I had more problems with the employees then the guards, I actually did a somewhat stupid thing at one point though. See from my story on tdt.com http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/sho ... 586&page=2:

Sam and I had been talking about the fact Bev Vincent was suppose to be at the signing and how nice it would be to meet him and maybe get his book signed too, but niether of us knew what he looked liked. Well, we are in the line for his bother to get another sig when out of the blue we hear Stephen exclaim, "Bev!". I looked at Sam and asked if I just heard that and he said I think so. So I take off like a shot over to the side of the table. I think I took a few years off the security guards life when I tapped him on the shoulder-- in hind sight this was probably a bad idea since these guys are Atlanta PD and he did have a gun. I ask him if SK just called that guy standing in front of him Bev and officer says he thinks so, I ask if I can cut across the line to catch him and he says fine and off like a shot I go again. It in fact was Bev with the owners of The Overlook Bookstore.
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

ChristineB wrote:They actually had Atlanta PD there as security, and employees that were rushing people along.

I had more problems with the employees then the guards, I actually did a somewhat stupid thing at one point though. See from my story on tdt.com http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/sho ... 586&page=2:

Sam and I had been talking about the fact Bev Vincent was suppose to be at the signing and how nice it would be to meet him and maybe get his book signed too, but niether of us knew what he looked liked. Well, we are in the line for his bother to get another sig when out of the blue we hear Stephen exclaim, "Bev!". I looked at Sam and asked if I just heard that and he said I think so. So I take off like a shot over to the side of the table. I think I took a few years off the security guards life when I tapped him on the shoulder-- in hind sight this was probably a bad idea since these guys are Atlanta PD and he did have a gun. I ask him if SK just called that guy standing in front of him Bev and officer says he thinks so, I ask if I can cut across the line to catch him and he says fine and off like a shot I go again. It in fact was Bev with the owners of The Overlook Bookstore.
LOL Amazing! So did you get Bev's signature?

{edit} OK I just read the entire story, that's awsome. Everyone go click the link above it's very well written!
ChristineB

Post by ChristineB »

TheCollector wrote:{edit} OK I just read the entire story, that's awsome. Everyone go click the link above it's very well written!
I think you just made my life (not just my day). Never in my life would I have thought to hear anyone say anything I wrote was well written. Thank you so much.