11/22/63

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
Lurker

Re: 11/22/63

Post by Lurker »

Yep, thanks to the TDT folks I got one too. With confirmation e-mail ($183.18).
And just now got an e-mail from Amazon UK the Hodder limited has shipped. Guess I need to go to grocery store and get the trade today...
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

Mine worked out to $185.18. Go go 9.8% sales tax in Washington ;)

Product Total: $159.99
Tax: $15.20
Shipping: $9.99
Order Total: $185.18
CreditCard - *****: $185.18
Total Payment: $185.18

For all you guys that bought the book with extra shipping, don't worry too much. I expect you'll be able to ebay this for $275 or so. If you want a higher price put it up the day you recieve it. There's always a spike right after release before the price settles down.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

That's a high sales tax! I thought mine was bad at 7.5%.

I'm not sweating the extra shipping charge. An extra $10 for a King signature is definitely worth it.

John
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

fleggett wrote:
ur2ndbiggestfan wrote:Even though this is what I thought would happen it's still darned frustrating. The same thing happened when I tried to order the lettered IT from CD. I was there EXACTLY when the book was announced to be up for sale and found it totally impossible to order it.
Interesting. I've always wondered if CD, and perhaps other publishers, reserve a certain number of letters of high-profile books for favored customers and that only a fraction are really made available for general sale. You rarely see low letters on the secondary market for a book like this.
Most publishers of Lettered books only sell to their regular customers. This allows you to keep the same letter for each book. They usually get first refusal.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I just got my confirmation email from Simon & Schuster regarding my signed copy of 11/22/63.

John
ur2ndbiggestfan

Post by ur2ndbiggestfan »

I always hear about everything too late!!! Am I mad? Of course not! Am I lying? Of course I am!

Anyway, I just now entered the random drawing. A little bit of hope is better then no hope at all.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Mr. Rabbit Trick wrote:Most publishers of Lettered books only sell to their regular customers. This allows you to keep the same letter for each book. They usually get first refusal.
Well, that's not exactly what I meant. I've had several lettered subs (all lapsed), so I understand the concept of first refusal. In CD's case, though, except for LRB and their signature series, they don't have a first refusal policy as such. Mindy often sends out advance notice emails, but even that doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll receive matching letters of previous releases. Indeed, it doesn't mean you'll have a crack at purchasing any letter if enough people respond before you read the email.

In the case of their really high-profile titles, like just about anything signed by King, I've always wondered if they hold back a certain number for favored customers. Take It, for example. Did all 52 letters really sell out in just a matter of seconds? At a whopping two grand a pop? In this economy? When Grant couldn't even sell all their deluxe Elurias (admittedly, that was before anyone knew about the Keyhole bombsell)? I dunno, I just find that a little hard to beiieve unless CD only made, say, 15 or 20 available for general sale.

If my suspicions are true, I'm not really faulting CD, but it would explain how they're able to sell out of these mega-priced books within the bat of an eye.
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

Wow. So, S&S screws-up on the order date and, to make up for it, screws people out of the ability to make a Thursday purchase in order to make up for the first screw-up.

You really can't make this stuff up.

I feel for everyone who were furiously hitting F5 in their browsers this morning. I know an argument could be made that a lottery is more fair, but that's mighty cold comfort.

Just wow.
Mr. Rabbit Trick

Post by Mr. Rabbit Trick »

When I order a Lettered edition from CD, I then email Mindy and ask her to reserve my "usual letter". I always get it.
Bob M

Post by Bob M »

Does anyone know of a slipcase being made for 11/22/63? I would like one for my signed edition.