11/22/63

Heard about a new SK project? Maybe there's a new book signing you know of - Post it here!
thl

Re: 11/22/63

Post by thl »

Just got this from amazon.ca

Code: Select all

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:

Stephen King "11/22/63 Special Signed Edition"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all.  Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.
I'm not surprised about that but "it won't be released after all" is not a good sign... Is there something official about this US edition ? I hope I've missed the announcement but I can't remember anyting about it...
herbertwest

Post by herbertwest »

So typical from amazon : grab as much orders as possible, get customers instead of them going to competitors, even if you dont know if you'll be able to provide the orders...
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I don't know if there's going to be a US Scribner signed edition or not. I've got one on order elsewhere also (I also got my Amazon.ca order deleted) but I DO wish Scribner would announce it.

John
thl

Post by thl »

jhanic wrote:I don't know if there's going to be a US Scribner signed edition or not. I've got one on order elsewhere also (I also got my Amazon.ca order deleted) but I DO wish Scribner would announce it.

John
same order strategy here :)
herbertwest

Post by herbertwest »

I believe some people saw the information from scribners website months ago before it was bing quickly pulled off. But i might be wrong
fleggett

Post by fleggett »

My Amazon.ca order was canceled, too. I have an order in with Amazon UK, but am not holding out a tremendous amount of hope of its delivery.

I thought about the H&S edition, but finally decided against preordering it since King isn't even signing the thing. Money is tight and I've got a weighty decision to make regarding whether or not to sell my WTtK-eligible LSoE (#657) or try to ride my paltry finances out. I wasn't terribly thrilled with Hatchard's Just After Sunset and doubt the H&S edition of 11/22/63 will be all that awe-inspiring. I could be wrong, of course.

I'd really like to know why the owner of #657 didn't purchase his or her copy of LSoE, but Grant is being tight-lipped about their sales information.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

I've pre-ordered the Hodder "limited" (from Book Depository) mainly because of the completist in me. I also ordered the regualar trade edition from Amazon.co.uk.

John
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

This from Ms Mod at the SKMB regarding the limited 11/22/63:
I was told that I'd have an update yesterday as the person who is handling this was on vacation. The short answer, though, is that it will only be sold on S&S's web site so I have no idea why those other sites are even promoting it.
John
TheCollector
Site Admin

Post by TheCollector »

jhanic wrote:This from Ms Mod at the SKMB regarding the limited 11/22/63:
I was told that I'd have an update yesterday as the person who is handling this was on vacation. The short answer, though, is that it will only be sold on S&S's web site so I have no idea why those other sites are even promoting it.
John
Thanks for that! I'm glad to hear it's officially going forward.

On that note, I'm going to be taking next week off, so I'll be at my computer less then usual. If any news breaks (like an ordering link) would someone drop me an email? I'll get to a computer right away to get the notifications out. I can even get the FB and twitter notifications done from my iphone.
jhanic

Post by jhanic »

Hodder has issued a 16-page promotional booklet for 11.22.63 and it's already on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STEPHEN-KING-11 ... 179wt_1270\

John